What caused the cerebral edema
A:Head injuries, encephalitis, abscesses, lack of oxygen, strokes, and toxic agents are the most common causes of cerebral edema. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-caused-the-cerebral-edema ]
More Answers to "What caused the cerebral edema"
- What causes cerebral edema
- Cerebral edema: Accumulation of excessive fluid in the substance of the brain.
- Can migraine cause cerebral edema durning an acute attack?
- No. The certain cause for migraine is unknown. Cerebral edema could appear in severe cardiac diseases or a blood cloth on a cerebral vein. Be sure that what you are feeling is a migraine. The pain should start from the frontal bone and irra...
- Does growth hormone augment brain edema caused by brain injury??
- Because of the known sodium and water retention associated with growth hormone (GH) therapy, it is crucial to evaluate the safety of GH after brain injury. To clarify this issue, we investigated whether GH affects brain edema in a rat brain...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why did Bruce Lee die so young? His cause of Death was Cerebral Edema, but what could have caused it?
- Q: It's been more than 30 years since Bruce Lee's untimely death, but I still think he is the greatest Martial Artist to have ever lived, anyway, there are many mysteries and rumors surrounding his death at the young age of 32.
- A: At the time of Lee's death, I had a friend in the martial arts community tell me that there was a lot of speculation among his peers that Lee was murdered because his movies portrayed secrets of Chinese gangs. I often wondered if that was a conspiracy theory or if there was some foundation in fact.
- What is the cause of Bruce Lee's death?
- Q: It is very confusing! In the movie "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" The cause of His death was something to do w/ inner demons while in wikipedia the cause of his death was cerebral edema.
- A: An allergic reaction.
- My bf is dying from liver failure...what can i expect?
- Q: The dr's told him they would be surprised if he outlived the summer. Does anyone know anyone who died from this? I'm just hoping that he goes some night in his sleep. I really hope its not drawn out, but i don't know anything about liver failure. What can i expect. The liver failure is also causing his kidneys to fail and cerebral edema. And transplant is not an option.
- A: I am so sorry to hear of your BF's failing health. Unfortunately, in regards to liver failure it really depends on what stage of liver failure he is in, and currently what his physicians are doing for him to make him more comfortable during his regressive disease. Generally speaking, in the last stages of liver failure patients are unable to take foods and fluid, are bedridden, and have a difficult time clearing respiratory secretions. At a certain point decreased level of consciousness occurs, and co-morbidic events take place. The liver is such a vital organ that when it shuts down, it's comorbidity is to take down other vital organs as well. i.e heart, lungs, kidneys, brain function, etc. It is really important to speak with a physician regarding minimizing a patient's discomfort as his disease reaches end stage of life. Also consider Hospice Care for around the clock medical attention to address his pain medication needs and discomfort. It is also important to balance his anxiety and pain while he is going through this, and the clearing of ammonium from his system by lactulose. This helps with mentation and for greater levels of lucidity, as it reduces increased toxins short term. There really is no definitive answer for how long, or how he will pass. Just pray it is within a level of comfort, and in good hands of physicians and loved ones. I have been through this with family, and it is very difficult to go through. Bare in mind, that there is counseling groups for you to talk to, and you should not go through this alone. Lastly, for as difficult as it may be, you must go on living your life, as this is what your boyfriend would want you to do. Remember, our loved ones live on forever in our hearts, souls, and in our memories. Realize that at some point when you feel helpless, that you are contributing to your BF in a huge way by being by his side,bringing him comfort and ever-lasting love to take with him. My thoughts and prayers are with you both!
People also view