What can be wrong with a dog with really bad breath
A:Some medical problems in dogs with bad breath: Gingivitis, Periodontitis, Abscessed tooth or teeth, & Bone or hair stuck in mouth. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-be-wrong-with-a-dog-with-really-bad-breath ]
More Answers to "What can be wrong with a dog with really bad breath"
- What can be wrong with a dog with really bad breath
- Some medical problems in dogs with bad breath: Gingivitis, Periodontitis, Abscessed tooth or teeth , & Bone or hair stuck in mouth.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- My dog has bad breath and diarrhea.?
- Q: i have a large breed one year old dog and today he seems to have really bad odd smelling breath and Diarrhea. The vet in my town is not in on weekends and is only qualified to tell me whether or not i need to see a vet out of town. I can get to the vet in the next town tomorrow but what could be wrong with him and what can i do? He sometimes sneaks to the kitchen and steals from the garbage while i am asleep. What are some human food things that may harm him that could have been in my garbage? there were no bones or chocolate or anything like that but what are some other things? Or what else could it be?Other than the bad breath and Diarrhea he seems to be fine and normal and is eating and drinking.Is Milk bone brand basted gravy bone good safe treats to feed my dog. Or could these have slowly made him sick? i have been feeding them to him since Christmas.
- A: Some other bad things are grapes and raisins and onions. Other things it could be is his food. What food is it? If he is getting a lot of grains in his food this can cause these things but that is not usually a sudden thing. Did you change foods lately? Buy a new bag? You may need to do some investigating with the pet food. This is either a virus or from food I would be willing to bet. Get him in ASAP diarrhea will dehydrate him quickly.
- Why does Chihuahua have really bad breath?
- Q: My little dog Paris is a chihuahua mix (w/ what we don't know) but we took her to the vet to make sure it's nothing seriously wrong because a lady in the pet store said that bad breath could mean something else more serrious was wrong. The doc. said she was fine, what we fed her was fine she drinks water like a fish. We got her from a shealter SPCA she is about 6 years old but looks like a puppy she loves to give licks and I even put her in cute little outfits sometimes she loves to play with everyone even dogs 4x's her size. But i feel bad when people pick her up and make a face because her breath semlls soooooo bad. Help what can I do oh yeah I brush her teeth eveyday and even have it done when I get her groomed every 3 or 4 weeks it just won't go way. Help!!!!
- A: Small breeds are prone to bad breath and teeth. She could have an abscessed tooth (or teeth) She should be checked out by your vet and have her teeth cleaned.I have a small Pomeranian that is 5 years old and she only has half of her teeth left! Poor baby!
- can you put fresh mint in your dog's water bowl to help with bad breath?
- Q: i've used that stuff from the vet and the pet store thats minty smelling that you put in their water to help with bad breath but they're so expensive i wondered if you could just use fresh mint,no nothing is wrong with my dog,he's a boston and is healthy,gets vet checked reg,he gets his teeth brushed every 2-3 days,they're in great shape,its just what all he gets into and what all he chews on and such,when he's outside he digs holes ans eats dirt,his breath isn't all that bad,he just likes to get up close and in your face and loves to give kisses so it would be really nice if his breath didn't stink as bad,no jerks please,thanks in advance
- A: Hey! Here is a better idea. Dog bad breath is caused by bacteria that are on the top of the tongue, just like in humans. I have seen a Vet clean a dog's tongue with OraBrush with excellent results. The dog did not object and the dog bad breath was eliminated. So, rather than try to cover up your dog's bad breath, why not just cure it by removing the bacteria with an OraBrush tongue cleaner. OraBrush was developed to cure human bad breath but it really works on dog bad breath also.
Prev Question: What the function of pus in the body
People also view