Is the antibiotic ampicillin good for tooth infections
A:Ampicillin in a 500 mg dosage can sometimes be used for a tooth abscess but it should be used only according to a doctors instructions. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-the-antibiotic-ampicillin-good-for-tooth-infections ]
More Answers to "Is the antibiotic ampicillin good for tooth infections"
- Is the antibiotic ampicillin good for tooth infections
- Ampicillin in a 500 mg dosage can sometimes be used for a tooth abscess but it should be used only according to a doctors instructions.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Ear pain after molar root canal...possible nerve damage...?
- Q: I got a root canal on my top left molar right next to my wisdom tooth (i wanna say #15 molar). A few days after i started having a lot of pain in my left ear (inner ear and surround area), i wasn't able to close my jaw completely, i had a "pressure" feeling between my ear and jaw, as well as a few other things. The dentist thought it was a possible infection and prescribed me Ampicillin. I went back to him a few days later for a follow up....everything seemed to be "fine" except for my symptons...he advised me to finish the antibiotics and wait a few days and see how i feel. I finished the script and everything was "returning to normal" but still had trouble with my ears (imagine the pain of a "brain freeze" but shooting out of your inner ear). I went to see a regular physician to look at my ear and told me i have no infection in my ear or mouth and most likely have some type of nerve damage from the root canal. He gave me Gabapentin for the "chronic nerve related pain" as well as Percocets. He told me to wait 1-2 weeks because the nerves might grow back on their own but if i have a consistent pain i would most likely need to see a Neurologist to be able to see the full extent of the "damage"...if any.Is this normal? is this something that goes away on its on? is this malpractice? do any dentist/doctors have any advice for me? do i wait 1-2 weeks to see if its better? should i just go to a neurologist now? Help Please!!! I don't know what to do!!! Very Overwhelming!!!
- A: Nerve damage from a root canal is highly unlikely. That just doesn't make any sense. Maybe you had a preexisting condition that was agitated by the root canal, but not caused by the root canal.You should wait and see if it gets better. Wait the 2 weeks. If it doesn't get better, go back to the doctor.
Prev Question: How can gall bladder surgery kill you
People also view