How long does it take to recover from appendix surgery
Most patients leave the hospital in 1 - 3 days after the operation. Normal activities can be resumed within 1 - 3 weeks later. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-to-recover-from-appendix-surgery ]
More Answers to "How long does it take to recover from appendix surgery"
- How long does it take to recover from appendix surgery
- Most patients leave the hospital in 1 - 3 days after the operation. Normal activities can be resumed within 1 - 3 weeks later.
- How Long Does It Take To Recover From Appendix Removal Surgery??
- Sometime ago it took my Sister 4 weeks plus but that was about a six inch gash in the side of her stomach surgery has gotten more modern and they don't have to make such a gash it is hardly noticeable now but you still have to be careful wi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it really take to recover from appendix surgery?
- Q: My nephew is having his appendix taken out today before it ruptures but in two and a half weeks the whole family was supposed to go to a water park. I know its not his fault but we can't schedule another day for the whole family to be together and we won't go without him. The doctor says no swimming for four weeks. As long as he takes it easy, he should be fine, right?
- A: THE OLDER YOU ARE THE LONGER IT TAKES TO RECOVER.. MY HUSBAND RECOVERED IN ABOUT A WEEK. TWO WEEKS AFTER HIS SURGERY OUR FAMILY WENT TO A DUDE RANCH THAT WE AREADY BOOKED ,MY HUSBAND WAS FINE AND HE WENT HORSEBACK RIDING EVERY DAY ! GO HAVE FUN HE WILL BE FINE
- how long does it take to recover from an appendix surgery?
- A: You are usually up and walking around before you are released from the hospital. I believe for a full recovery today it is about 4 to 6 weeks. Now days surgeries are different than years ago. Smaller incisions are made today and like gall Bladder surgery they cut a small hole and suck it out.
- How long does it take to recover from abdominal keyhole surgery?
- Q: I had keyhole surgery 3 days ago for a ruptured ovarian cyst and to take out my appendix. The pain is still really bad and I dont know how long till I should be able to do normal things such as walking without pain. And if you have any tips to relieve pain that would be appreciated. Thanks x
- A: 6-8 weeks fully healed. However, everyone is different.
People also view