How do you get the swelling to go down from an abscessed tooth
A:You can try taking liquid propolis, colloidal silver, or grapefruit seed extract to help with the symptoms, but the infection will not go away without a dentist draining the infection and pulling the tooth or doing a root canal. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-get-the-swelling-to-go-down-from-an-abscessed-tooth ]
More Answers to "How do you get the swelling to go down from an abscessed tooth"
- How do you get the swelling to go down from an abscessed tooth?
- You can try taking liquid propolis, colloidal silver, or grapefruit seed extract to help with the symptoms, but the infection will not go away without a dentist draining the infection and pulling the tooth or doing a root canal. ChaCha!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How can I file for free health insurance in the state of Georgia if I'm currently unemployed?
- Q: Ok, here's my situation:I'm a 20 year old male and I'm currently unemployed at the moment. I need some type of free health insurance and I know free money is out there somewhere. I can't get on my mom's health insurance plan because I'm not enrolled in college right now. The reason I temporarily need some free health insurance is because I have this really bad tooth abscess in my teeth and it's been bugging me for awhile. My mom took me to a dental clinic and the dentist ending up telling me I needed a root canal because the roots have gotten infected in the tooth, but they are charging me like crazy and I think a root canal is like 1,000 something dollars. My mom tells me to get it pulled because it's cheaper but the dentist told me my teeth could shift on me If I had that process done and I didn't want that. I know there's a way I can get a discount or something. I called for one for those green cards for unemployed residents at our local Outpatient Clinic here, but they are closed on the weekends. This abscess is really bothering me and it keeps coming back because I don't have the hole in my tooth closed up and the roots are constally getting infected. I take out some of the infection by guggling my mouth with warm salt water everyonce in awhile. It takes down the swelling but only for a short month or so. I was even subscibed some antibiotics but I feel uncomfortable swallowing pills so they gave me 3 shots in the booty (2 shots of antibiotic fluid and 1 shot for the pain). And when I do TRY to take antibiotic pills, I just chop them up and swallow them that way (childhood memories: I choked on a butterscotch candy when I was little). The temporary filling they put in didn't last for too long. It fell out after I bit down on a dorito chip. So what do I do? I live in Columbus, Georgia and I just wanted to know if there was a way I could beat around the bush from paying 1,000 dollars for a root canal when I'm currently unemployed.I'm looking for professional detailed answers only, not no: "just go to the dentist" mess, I know that. So please spare me or you the time! It would really help If I got some answers from real Dentist or someone who knows alot about Finance & Health Insurance. ^_^I would REALLY appreciate your help! Thanks.
- A: OK, free health insurance is called Medicaid - welfare health insurance. They won't pay for a root canal - they'll only pay for an extraction - which, btw, would cost around $100, even without insurance.Medicaid, the household income counts, not just YOUR income. There's no free dental insurance that pays for a root canal. Even with dental insurance that you buy, it rarely pays for half the cost of a root canal.If you have your heart set on a root canal, instead of just having the tooth pulled, you can probably find a dentist to make payment arrangements.
- Gum Abscess is it Deadly?
- Q: Alright, I'll start by saying I hate brushing my teeth and rarely do it., because of this I have a lot of cavities and one that needs to be pulled.However, recently, early this week I woke up with a bump above my right last two molars. Being a hypochondriac and knowing all about abscesses as I do, I figured abscess, and looked it up and figured gum abscess. Grandma said I probably just got food in it and swollen.However...Next day it got bigger, and the teeth KINDA hurt, not pain, but like a bit of tightness. So she scheduled the dentist...well...Being a hypo, I hate dentists, last time I was sedated I hallucinated, etc. I just wanted to go to find out what it was and if it was an abscess to pop it.They didn't, she took that colored laughing gas mask out, and was gonna force, so I was like "Goodbye." But I did find out it was probably from the wisdom teeth coming in.So I left without getting anything done but x-rays.Well now, 2 days later, it's gone down....NOW, I've been putting this stuff called pristine on it, a sort of toothpaste, but all natural. (Almond, spearmint, and peppermint oils are the ingredients.) Light ingredients, however it cleans the teach and it helps sore throats and stuff, and I always put it on to help my teath when they hurt and it works....WELL, 2 days later of putting that stuff on it, it's gone down. Did that stuff help dry it up, or did it drain in my sleep? There's no hole, and it didn't pop. However it's sagging, like when you have a balloon and it loses air over a few days, gets limp, saggy and smaller, that's what this is doing.If it wasn't the pristine, where'd it drain to? How'd it drain?I'm so scared of it going to my throat and obstructing the airway or blood poison....Do you think it did this?I keep looking at my neck thinking it's bigger, but it could just be my anxiety....Not exactly what I wanted to know. I mean, THIS PARTICULARY ONE, is it draining/healing up, if so where? Or did Pristine kill it? Or is it contemplating for something?Hello? Answers please!
- A: that is what they called.. periodontal disease.. also known as.. "gum disease".... u really need to start using mouth wash and brush daily.. at least one in the morning and one at night.. wouldnt u want a nice soft breeze breath..?also to answer your question... i believe that without popping it.. it wouldof drained out by coming out of your gums... (where your teeth bleeds when u brush etc).... and since u put the meds there.. with the minty stuff.. it did some work but what u really need to do to improve it is to brush and rinse daily....
Prev Question: Is it dangerous for an abscessed tooth or infected tooth to bleed
People also view