What happens when you wake up a person who sleep walks
A sleepwalker shouldn't be woken up on their walk, that can really frighten and disorient them. Some have been known to lash out. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-when-you-wake-up-a-person-who-sleep-walks ]
More Answers to "What happens when you wake up a person who sleep walks"
- What happens when you wake up a person who sleep walks
- A sleepwalker shouldn't be woken up on their walk, that can really frighten and disorient them. Some have been known to lash out.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is it dangerous to wake up a person who is sleep walking?
- Q: My friend sleepwalks and her mother always tells me not to wake her up or something could happen but I don't think she knows either. So i was curious as to what would happen.Also ... do people have different reactions from being woken up while they are sleep walking?
- A: It's an old wives tale. My mother used to tell me the same exact thing. And NEVER call them by their name... It is best to wake them. Not that I'm an expert on this but I used to wake my ex-husband up (then husband) and he had no adverse affects from it.While reading about the stages of R.E.M. it actually explains why we sleep walk and or talk out loud. the part that normally imobilizes our body is not in use with people who sleep walk. I think it would be an interesting read for you.But I don't believe it is dangerous at all. Just an old wives tale.
- Is this sleep walking?
- Q: Three times in the past 2 years I’ve woken up in the middle of the night, gotten out of bed and started frantically looking for my dog Nick, who died in 7 years ago. He never lived with me here in this house, but for some reason I start freaking out like he is supposed to be here. I look for him in every room in the house, and then I’ll look outside because I think that I left him out there. It’s very upsetting when it happens. I start to feel overwelmed with emotion and try to think of where he could possibly be. It will last for several minutes before I realize that Nick is long gone. I've never been a person who sleep walks. What could this be about?Oh and I have two dogs and I love them just as much as I loved Nick, so its not some kind of emptyness issuePlease only answer my question if you actually have a real answer. I know that my dog is not a ghost walking around my house.
- A: I guess it's something like sleepwalking.It couldn't be anything else.The fact that you have two dogs now , doesn't mean that they have replaced Nick . It's logical that you miss him and maybe you haven't accepted that he is gone.So i guess deep in your subconscience you are trying to get him back.It's not a big deal . If these sleepwalking events continue and bothering you , you should see a doctor about it . They have their ways around with these kind of things.
- I woke up as a different person last night and spent the night in an alternate mindstate full of terror?
- Q: Last night when I fell asleep I was full of terror the whole night. I was thinking about things far beyond my present ability to contemplate and was literally beyond terrified the whole night. I felt like I was stuck in an alternate dimension and my roomate told me I went inside his room and started yelling his name.... I vaguely remember walking around.... I was almost ltierally a different person.... with different desires... And I almost forgot all this completely. But I was full of terror.... All I remmeber was being very scared. and it was NOT from a nightmare. I was thinking about ideas and reality and felt I was stuck in an alternate dimension or something it was terrifying. this was beyond anything I've ever experienced. I woke up as a different person it was the first time I ever sleep walked in my life. What the hell happened? Don't just say it was a bad dream you have no clue this was trippy as hell I was like gone to alternate dimensions for a few hours and waking up as different people.I've been very weird in my sleep lately. SOmetmes as I doze off to sleep I start thinking about a shape or something random and I realize something VERY VERY important about existence in that shape. Like I realize something very psychological that even Carl jung or sigmund freud couldn't come up with about the way people think and connect ideas but I forget it when I come back. I'm learning a lot more about my subconscious mind that I might want to know....peacelov...- While I take your attempt to convert me (Even though I already am a catholic), because i know it just means you care about me, you might want to cut down on the preaching because it kind of gives christianity a bad name and people don't ike preachers.
- A: Cut back on the drug use.
Prev Question: What are signs of progressing abusive behavior
People also view