What can you tell of about post traumatic stress disorder
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a real illness you can get after living through or seeing a dangerous event, such as war, MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-you-tell-of-about-post-traumatic-stress-disorder ]
More Answers to "What can you tell of about post traumatic stress disorder"
- Is Stress Bad for Your Health?
- Several large studies have indeed shown that various types of chronic stress are linked to a greater risk of heart attacks or the development of heart…
- How is post-traumatic stress disorder treated?
- Various types of psychotherapy and antidepressant medications have shown some benefit in the treatment of PSTD. Exposure therapy: Studies have shown that therapy in which you gradually and repeatedly re-live the frightening experience under...
- Do I have post traumatic stress disorder?
- Um...I was diagnosed with PTS before and it isn't just in reference to rape and war torn victims anymore. However, you do need some type of trauma to your senses in order to qualify for PTS. In my opinion, you're simply linking something yo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What can you tell me about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
- Q: Any good websites or books would be appreciated.
- A: i was in iraq in march 2004 to march 2005 and retired in june 2005 with 211/2 years in the navy / army guard i was in pursin gulf 5 times since gulf war 1 to iraq and came home from iraq with ptsd and the va has been has been given me meds for ptsd but what i want to tell u about is that comeing home from iraq with an 11 yr mariege and 4 kids is that due to ptsd it cost me my marige we ended up geting divorced ptsd is real and i deal with it every day i havegood days now and then even on the meds the meds make easyer to deal with every day life if i did not have the meds i would be haveing realy bad days all the time i dont know if this is the answer to your ? but i hope my life can help u under stand ptsd and how hard it is to deal with just a little fact to let you know how hrd it is to deal with ptsd 94 guys went to iraq in my army guard unit and 80% of them are divorced now the army /navy/air force and so on needs to do some traing weeky on what were going thur over thee wth the spouse back home even when you call home or talk to your spouse / girl frind back youcan not talk about any thing over there where your at you have to talk about the kids or how there day was you can not tal about any thing over there becouse there waching all talks with home on the phone they tape your calls and they wach all talks on the emails and yahoo mess an the likes on a computer in there office so its bad over there they than your going to tell your spouse things that go on over there any way i hope this helps
- Can anyone tell me about any post-traumatic stress and/or post-traumatic disorder theories?
- Q: (I'm thinking of doing this as a project for college, so any help would be most gratefully received!)Thank you for your replies so far, BUT what I don't want is descriptions of what post-traumatic stress disorder is. I already know this. I'm interested in psychological THEORIES behind post-traumatic stress, for example, I've just read one about the cognitive theory of post-traumatic stress.
- A: "Hello J M, don't mind being semi-transparent for a short while.I was a combat infantryman in an airborne unit in a foreign war. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is one of my problems. Never a day passes without the memory of it. Firefights, sniping, mortared, boobytrapped and dead bodies everywhere. I recall the terror, spontaneously, when in certain situations, sounds, smells, reckless driving by others and hypervigilance of violence occur. Many professionals have attempted to "cure" me, but, there is no cure. I take meds to stabilize my sleeping and mood. I've found that the truth is, I'll take this to my grave."
- Whata can you tell me about Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
- Q: A close friend of mine told me he/she has PTSD. That person was raped as a child, I tried all i could to help them. (the rapist was put in prison) They are also in the military, but i dont think PTSD as to do with them being in the military, cause they like it. What does PTSD do to someone, how can I help them? They dont talk about it, they are taking meds for it.
- A: there's not a lot you can do... they should see a therapist who is trainedPTSD is caused by a tramatuic event like your friend's rape.. and it oculd be a result of hte military even if your freind likes it. it cause sthem to have difficulty moving past the event and forming normal relationships. The best thing you can do is be there for yoru firend by theyyyyy neeeeeeeeeeeed to see a licensed psychologist who can help them here are some articles :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_traumatic_stress_disorderhttp://www.ncptsd.va.gov/ncmain/index.jsphttp://www.nimh.nih.gov/healthinformation/ptsdmenu.cfmhttp://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-an06.htmlhttp://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/posttraumaticstressdisorder.html
Prev Question: What does it mean when you dream about somebody having a baby
People also view