What are you called if you like starting fires
Pyromaniac, n : a person with a mania for setting things on fire. ChaCha for now! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-you-called-if-you-like-starting-fires ]
More Answers to "What are you called if you like starting fires"
- What do you call someone who likes starting fires?
- most people who start fires are called pirocentic or arcinests
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are people called that enjoy starting fires?
- Q: isnt there another word besides arsinests [sp?]yay thanks guys(:
- A: Pyromaniac - Pyromania is an impulse to deliberately start fires to relieve tension and typically includes gratification or relief afterward. Pyromania is distinct from arson, and pyromaniacs are also distinct from those who start fires because of psychosis, for personal, monetary or political gain, or for acts of revenge. Pyromaniacs start fires to induce euphoria, and often tend to fixate on institutions of fire control like fire stations and firefighters.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PyromaniacArsonist: Arson, in general, is the crime of maliciously, voluntarily, and willfully setting fire to the building, buildings, or other property of another, or of burning one's own property for an improper purpose, as to collect insurance.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArsonistA child pyromaniac is one who suffers from an impulse-control disorder that is primarily distinguished by a compulsion to set fires in order to relieve the tension building up inside him or her. The term comes from the Greek words pyr (fire) and mania (madness). A child pyromaniac is the most rare form of fire setting. Most young children are not diagnosed as having pyromania but conduct disorders. A key feature of pyromania is repeated association with fire but without a real motive. Pyromania is a very rare disorder and only occurs in about one percent of the population. It can occur in children as young as three years old. About ninety percent of the people officially diagnosed with pyromania are male. Pyromaniacs only set about 14% of the fires.Fire-setting is made up with five subcategories: the curious fire-setter, the sexually motivated fire-setter, the "cry for help" fire-setter, "severely disturbed" group, and the rare form of pyromania. Pyromania usually surfaces in childhood, but there is no conclusive data about the normal age of onset. Child pyromaniacs are usually filled with an uncontrollable urge to set fires to relieve tension. Not much is known about what genetically causes pyromania but there have been many studies that have opened up new avenues of wisdom.more here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_pyromaniac
- What are those fire starting/flints called?
- Q: I cant believe I forgot what they are but, what are those things that you use a knife to shave one side of this certain metal off in shards and then spark the other side with your knife against the flint? Cheers and Happy New Years!
- A: Not sure if I get your question.However, the material you strike with metal to get sparks is a type of chert known as flint. You can strike pyrite against it to get sparks, too. The striking material in a modern lighter is called mischmetal.
- What do you do when your being called nasty names to your face for being a natural redhead??
- Q: I'm a freshman in highschool and boys are starting to call me ''fire-crotch'' to my FACE and yeah I've been called that before but not to my face so I felt so stupid and didnt know what to do. I just hate the fact that when some guys look at me thats all they think about and some dont like it so they dont like me. Its wierd but I just need a little advice on how to handle it.
- A: Say to them" I can dye my hair tomorrow and look great, while you are still going to wake up stupid! ( or ugly) "Or just ignore them sweetie, redheads are hot!
Prev Question: Is it possible to be depressed and not know why
People also view