What can cause you to be on your period for more than a month
A:If you are experiencing vaginal bleeding between periods you should see your doctor. The cause of irregular bleeding can vary. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-cause-you-to-be-on-your-period-for-more-than-a-month ]
More Answers to "What can cause you to be on your period for more than a month"
- What can cause you to be on your period for more than a month?
- If you are experiencing vaginal bleeding between periods you should see your doctor. The cause of irregular bleeding can vary.
- What can cause my period to last more than a month??
- How old are you? Are you near the stage where you might go through menopause? This can occur due to hormonal levels in your body. Bleeding longer than normal can be due to premenopause, BUT for over a month? You really need to get an c...
- What could cause your period to stop for more than six months??
- If it's not pregnancy If you're not pregnant, you could have a serious gynecological problem. See a doctor STAT!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is this a start of a period?
- Q: i know you all have read like a million of these and probably tired of people wondering what it is and it's obvious but i don't calculate my body but i do know when it's not being normal and i don't have medical to go to the doctor nor the money also i have tons of bills and have court to pay off and doctor fees to pay off so right now i have no money for the doctors but just listen to what i have to say.. if all you can say is "take a test" or "go to the doctor" that's completely fine by me but if you've had experience with this or understand where i'm coming from and how this can be confusing please help me out and give me some advice, that's all i'm asking for. i know you may think ( how old are you if your going to be asking this question or shouldn't you already know this? ) well i started my period at 16. have had irregular periods since then and got onto birth control which had me having my period every month until i got off of it after a year and a few months.. once i got off of it i didn't have a period for almost a year then i had one period but nothing afterwards.. i've heard it is harder for those with irregular periods to have a baby so i try harder than others.. i recently heard about acai berries which helps with many different things and also leaving your body more energized and healthier. also i've heard it helps with the blood flow in your body and that's what people lack when they have irregular periods so i started this pill about 4 or 5 days ago and just today i've been spotting.. and the last few days i've had real bad white/yellowish discharge which was so bad i thought i was peeing my pants. within the last couple weeks i've been feeling as if there's been a cold/flu coming on, which includes the diarrhea, constipation, gasey, headaches, throat feeling metallic like in the back of my mouth but no actual feeling of sick. also the past few days i've had breast tenderness and uncomfort feeling in them. but its not so much the whole entire boob feeling painful but my nipples hurt to the touch even with a bra on and they stick out more even if they are warm. i have one bigger boob which usually all women do but recently i've noticed the smaller boob has grown more and it has equaled up to the other ones size but not in fullness. the symptoms i currently have are constipation, diarrhea, headaches, irritability, metallic taste, white/yellowish discharge, spotting of red/brown color, mild cramping, flu/cold like symptoms, head feeling warmer than normal as if my head sometimes is on fire which makes my cheeks rosey.. not been paying attention to frequent urination but i know i already do a lot cause i have anxiety which causes me to go more than normal so not sure if i have been going more often than normal. i took a pregnancy test a couple days ago but it showed up negative as i thought it would since i have irregular periods and never think i can be pregnant..
- A: well those do sound like pregnency symptoms but yea u should wait another week or two and take another test cus it may have been too early. but i dont understand why ur trying to have a baby if u dont have money
- What do you think about this story?
- Q: There are many many ways to de-stress. The problem (like in my case) is when you don't have the previlege to be stressed out. For example, if you're a student and must study very hard and every second counts for a long period of nine months. You're in a fierce competition, and you see how tough your rivals are. It is like a race, in every exam, the tiniest mistakes can cost you very much. There are 2 points here: 1)a cause for severe and chronic stress (you fear the exams and you fear your rivals) 2)it prevents you from fighting this stress since you must study all the time so you can't go to the movies,watch TV or practise any sports because the more you study, the more your chances become better.Imagine you're in this critical situation, then, in the first week of the academic year (that lasts for 9 months), you ask your girlfriend (that you love very much) to support you emotionally and she then tells you: "I don't have any feelings for you, I am in love with another guy!". That happened to me 2 years ago. I then did not have the option to lay down and die, to cry or even to feel sorry for myself. Just one month of depression would destroy my career and all I needed then is one or two months to cry. I had to go over my pain and concentrate very much on my studies or I risk losing my career after I lost my girl; then it's the end of the world for me. My life changed ever since. Maybe I grew stronger. The year before she left me, I ranked 3rd among over 400 students. The year she left me, I ranked 1st. And the year after (last year) I ranked 1st. Still 2 years to go. Right after she did that to me, I had very strange feelings and mixed emotions. I was a great hero as I fought back and retaliated. I fought a war on many fronts against a whole society. I am poor and in my country 1)it takes a lot of money to get married (to buy an appartment and prepare for the wedding and so on) 2)you can't have sex with a girl unless you marry her (which is impossible for me in the mean time, maybe after 10 years when I am over 30!) I am 20 now and I have never had sex or even touched any girl. This is not uncommon in my poverty-striken country. I want the US people to know there are many countries other than the US, Europe and Japan; countries like mine where there is poverty and there is no freedom. The problem is that your government has long supported dictators and regimes which commited attrocities and violations of human rights. And the result is that many young desperate people turn into terrorists because they are oppressed by regimes like Saddam Hussein's and those regimes are supported by the US government. So if you want to win the war on terrorism, you must solve the problems of 100s of millions of people, people who are poor, who don't find jobs, who are tortured in prisons for expressing themselves, who (like me) can't get married because they have no money, ......The condition in my country is outrageous. They almost destroyed my life when she told me: "I don't have any feelings for you." She is part of this retarded society and she told me that because I am poor and unable to marry her, I don't have a Mercedes, I go to college by public transport. I know in the US and the free world, there is no problem if you are poor (like me) but a hardworker (again like me), you have the chance to marry your loved one.So, no matter what is going on in your life, it cannot be compared to my suffering and the suffering of 100s of millions of people in developping nations.My plan is: Through academic achievement, I can gradually win this war. When I have a good job and a good amount of money, I will kick her a*s*s, and I will kick their asses too. I will emigrate to the US and marry an american girl. American girls rock! This is my revenge.
- A: Your life is sad and not because you are poor, its because you feel so little about yourself that you think the only way to win is to runaway...If you stayed in your country maybe you could help change things...You running away solves nothing...Also it is not the responsibility of other country's to solve your poorness, stop breeding. If you cant afford to take car of your children and they to will be poor and their children and so on, it only adds to the problem. You in your own country need to take care of yourselves, it can start now, you make that choice, you make that difference....
- What to expect at this doctor's appt? (fertility and bad periods)?
- Q: Hello all,I've posted a few questions in the past few days, but now I have more. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.I came off the pill in April (ortho tri cyclen lo until Feb and then switched to tri-sprintec 28 in march. caused problems, so I stopped using it). My periods got back to normal about a month after I stopped using the pill. My husband and I were going to wait until October to TTC, but I wanted to start tracking my cycles over the summer so I'd know what I'm dealing with. I charted on fertility friend with OPK's and CM method. BBT was too hard for me to remember to do everyday. I've ovulated every month since I stopped using the pill. This past cycle was our first without using protection of any kind.With all that said, ever since I stopped using BC, my periods have been HORRIBLE! I pretty much get cramps the entire month, followed by cripplingly painful cramps on my period. These bad ones start about 2 days before and go 2 days into my period. For the first two days, my flow is so heavy that I bleed through a Super tampon in less than an hour, then from days 3-6, it slows down to just light spotting with no cramping. A few people have suggested endometriosis or maybe a tilted uterus. I had an ultrasound done when I first started having this problem and they said my uterus "looks large for someone who's never been pregnant". They brushed me off and told me to take Advil when I felt pain. But now my stomach constantly hurts from all the advil... it's like a big bad cycle.I have a dr's appt Friday with a doctor who's been highly recommended by others. What should I expect at this visit? What if she suggests going back on the pill even though I'm TTC. I know they all think it will "regulate your cycles" but mine already are regular, and going off the pill before only made my cramping and bleeding worse =/.What will the appointment consist of? Can you think of anything else it may be?
- A: My guess would be endometriosis or fibroids. Particularly fibroids given the "strange shape of uterus".
Prev Question: Can some women have heavy bleeding as implantation bleeding
People also view