How long do yeast infections last for
Proper treatment cures up to 90 percent of vaginal yeast infections within two weeks or less, often within a few days. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-do-yeast-infections-last-for ]
More Answers to "How long do yeast infections last for"
- An untreated yeast infection can last for months. It will eventually become unbearable for most people. If you have a yeast infection, treat it immediately.
- How long does a yeast infection last? You may as well ask 'how long is a piece of string?' because how long a yeast infection will last for depends on many factors. The good news is that these factors are under your control so that you ca...
- Short answer? Untill they end. Long answer? However long it takes for your natural vaginal flora to combat the overgrowth of yeast. You don't HAVE to take meds for it; unless you have an immune system issue, it'll go away on it's own, w...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How Long Do Yeast Infections Last?
- Q: I have been suffering from a yeast infection for about a week. I got a tablet Tuesday to take. How much longer will this last? And how much longer will it be before I can have sex?
- A: Definitely don't have sex until the infection is gone. Go buy some monistat or vagisil or something. If left untreated, it will not get better on its own, only worse. Should go away within a few days (3 or 4) if you begin treating it now. In the meantime, use gentle soap. Eat yogurt that has natural cultures. Avoid using body sprays/powders down there.
- How long do yeast infections usually last?
- Q: My sister has had one for 2 weeks now I think. She's tried monistat extra strenght, eating tons of yogart. Nothing is taking it away. I told her to go to the doctor. Could it be something else? An STD?
- A: if you don't treat them, forever. Not all medicines cure all infections. Monistat is good for a very common clamydia- a type of fungus- but not necessarily for all infections. Maybe she has something quite much worse and she needs penicillin.The best choice is to go to a doctor and have the right prescription. Depending what it is, it could take from 2 weeks to months. An untreated STD could lead to infertility.
- How long do yeast infections last for?
- Q: I have had one for a few days and it is really pissing me off. I got it from taking heaps of antibiotics for my pneumonia and now I am constantly feeling sick and throwing up at night as well. I am so sick of being sick! It has been 6 weeks! How long will this bloody uncomfortable yeast infection last for? I have been using natural yogurt to try soothe it but that stuff smells bad and is probably whats making me vomit, I am too embarassed to buy any cream from the pharmacy.Oh God. I may aswell commit suicide.Guess Who- If I wasn't a female I wouldn't have a yeast infection in my VAGINA. Women talk to each other about these things, nobody knows me and millions of people suffer these infections, it's not like I posted a photo of my privates for crying out loud!
- A: Ok first off the antibiotics caused you to get a yeast infection...I bet you know this now!Anyways this is what you can do to prevent a yeast infectionCOTTON undies so you can breathe down thereWhen you shower use unscented dove soap to soap up your mons pubis(where there is hair) but do not put ANY soap in there.Never ever douche...it messes up your PHNever ever use scented stuff near/for your vaginal area including scented pads etc.Change your panties every day and after you work out after all you change your socks and shirt why not undies????(this is just being clean imo)Yeast grows in dark moist areas so by keeping your area happy(what I listed above) and in breathable fabrics.Now sadly you do need a yeast cream...make sure this is a yeast infection by visiting your doc and getting a test...it could be BV or another infection. Doctors have seen/heard it all trust me. You're not going in there for something uncommon. Don't be ashamed.http://www.amazon.com/Monistat-Antifungal-Combination-Prefilled-Applicators/dp/B0009Q634M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-3587115-8236804?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1193553361&sr=8-1Now there is no need for embarrassmentIf you hate Yogurt herehttp://www.amazon.com/Accu-Flora-Probiotic-Acidophilus-Caplets/dp/B000NYVAIY/ref=sr_1_29/002-3587115-8236804?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1193553912&sr=1-29
Prev Question: Can you use over the counter cream to treat a urinary trac infection
People also view