Why should you never wake a sleepwalker
People argue that waking a sleepwalker could cause harm to the person sleeping, or the person waking them, but it's a myth. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-should-you-never-wake-a-sleepwalker ]
More Answers to "Why should you never wake a sleepwalker"
- Why should you never wake a sleepwalker?
- Most psychologists/ sleep specialist agree that it is not inherently dangerous to wake a sleepwalker. This is a myth that is very deep-rooted in western culture and still beleived by many people.
- Why should u never wake a sleepwalker while they are sleep walkin...?
- Some people give credence to the adage that rousing a sleepwalker can give him a heart attack. But experts say it's highly unlikely. Dr. Ana C. Krieger, the director of the Sleep Disorders Center at New York University, said the myth probab...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why should u never wake a sleepwalker while they are sleep walking??
- A: Some people give credence to the adage that rousing a sleepwalker can give him a heart attack. But experts say it's highly unlikely.Dr. Ana C. Krieger, the director of the Sleep Disorders Center at New York University, said the myth probably started because of sleepwalkers' response when they're awakened. Many are confused and terrified, having no idea how they ended up in a dark closet or gliding down a hallway.
- Why must you never wake a sleepwalker?
- Q: Is it bad luck or something?
- A: I always heard that you could, but that it should be done gently. Or if you lead them back to bed and lay them down again they'll stay there. Chances are you could experience some one taking a swing at you if you startle them awake.
- Is it really true never to wake a sleepwalker?
- Q: My 7 yr. old does it quiet often and not real sure how to handle her when it happens.
- A: Wake one and see....
Prev Question: Do vampires get aids
People also view