Why is urine yellow when you are dehydrated
The yellow color in urine is due to chemicals called urobilins. These are the breakdown products of the bile pigment bilirubin. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-is-urine-yellow-when-you-are-dehydrated ]
More Answers to "Why is urine yellow when you are dehydrated"
- Is it true when your urine is dark yellow your dehydrated and whe...?
- Yes this is true. I was in the Army and thats one of the things I learned. The more yellow your urine is themore water you need to drink. Your urine shoould be almost clear with a tint of yellow. Its recomended to drink 8 glases of water a ...
- Does anyone know of any reasons for always having bright yellow u...?
- I've read that bright yellow, or odd smelling urine can be a sign of diabetes. Are you overweight or does your family have a history of diabetes?
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does urine turn darker yellow when you are dehydrated?
- Q: Why yellow? What is it that makes it yellow and why does it get darker when we don't drink enough liquids?Yes, but why yellow? Why not red or purple? Why is yellow the "special" color?
- A: To answer you specific question about the color ... urine has a yellow color due to the uric acid which our bodies produce. The more dehydrated our bodies become, the deeper the yellow color. A picture of the crystallized form of uric acid can be seen here: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~rabenr01/uric_acid.htm Drink lots of water!
- Is it true when your urine is dark yellow your dehydrated and when white not?
- Q: I yeach swimming lessons ALOT during the summer and just needed to know
- A: Yes this is true. I was in the Army and thats one of the things I learned. The more yellow your urine is themore water you need to drink. Your urine shoould be almost clear with a tint of yellow. Its recomended to drink 8 glases of water a day.
- Can being dehydrated make my eyes yellow and my urine dark yellow to brown?
- Q: Recently I haven't been feeling well. I have a back injury that has been acting up. It has made me sick. I cannot keep anything down. Now, it is getting better. I am able to eat and drink a little bit at a time. Could losing so much fluid and not replacing it make my eyes yellow and my urine dark? I am now drinking Gatorade and water to help replinish the fluids lost. I don't want to go to the doc. if I know this will get better with lots of fluids. Thanks.
- A: Hi there,You may be dehydrated, as your kidneys concentrate your urine and turn it from a clear color to a dark yellow. Brown on the other hand is not typical, and neither for that matter is yellow eyes as you have noted yourself...These are signs of jaundice, an elevation in your bilirubin, which is produced by your liver and stored in your gallbladder. Jaundice can results from the bile spilling over into your blood stream, either from a blockage of the bile draining out, such as a gallstone stuck in the ducts that drain them, liver damage, such as hepatitis, or an overproduction of bile from various other sources, too numerouos to mention here.Needless to say, I agree with another reader that has already responded, while it may not be very dangerous, it often can be- and I would direct you to your family physician or urgent care...probably don't need to go to the ER tonight if you are otherwise feeling OK as they can be quite expensive, but I'd see a doc tomorrow, and sooner if you start feeling any other symptoms.This is not one of those times you want to be saving money to "see if things get better" if you get worse, it could get quite expensive...Greg
Prev Question: How do i get rid of mouth ulcers
People also view