Why does your breath smell in the morning
It's largely because saliva production slows while you sleep, allowing particles and odor to linger longer. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-your-breath-smell-in-the-morning ]
More Answers to "Why does your breath smell in the morning"
- Why does your breath smell so bad in the morning?
- Here it is : Almost everyone has bad breath first thing in the morning. During the day, movement of the tongue and cheeks dislodges food debris and dead cells, and these are washed away by saliva. While we are asleep our tongue and cheeks d...
- What makes people's breath smell in the morning?
- Well, simply put: dry mouth. During that day, you usually have your mouth closed and your mouth stays nice and moist with saliva: saliva naturally kills bacteria (not as good as tooth paste but yeah). A lot of people sleep with their mout...
- Does your breath smell really bad first thing in the morning??
- Practically everyone has a degree of halitosis first thing in the morning. When we sleep, saliva flow drastically reduces while your tongue and cheeks move very little. This allows:･ 1) food residues to stagnate in the mouth ･ 2) dead cell...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does morning breath smell like death, even if you brush your teeth at night?
- Q: Is there a trick, like eating a green apple as your last intake for the day? Is it tea? Fruit?Brushing teeth and mouth wash help, but I know that morning breath is mainly caused by digestion and not the bacteria in your mouth, so... Any suggestions or good insight to share?Could it possibly be dehydration that's fueling the problem?
- A: i never have that problem, but you should probably drink more water before you go to sleep
- Why does your breath smell in the morning?
- Q: My fiance and I wake up early and go brush our teeth before the other one can notice how smelly our breath is. Why does this happen? I've hear everything from bacteria that builds up over night to the fact that I'm a woman (but he has bad breath too...) Please help!
- A: I think it has to do with the amount of sulfur that builds up in our mouths during the day and from the foods we consume. Maybe even from the lack of oxygen being let in when we sleep. I am none to sure, but check out the site below. It's pretty informational. Hope that helps, I don't know why, just use a lot of moutwash before you go to bed and floss in between all of your teeth, scrape your tongue and brush the roof of your mouth. That's where my dentist says bacteria like to hang out the most.. http://www.bad-breath.org/
- Why does morning breath smell?
- Q: Why does morning breath smell even when you cleaned everything before sleeping?
- A: Bacteria loves moisture. It finds a way to grow even though you've cleaned your teeth prior to sleeping. You're right to brush before bed, so don't stop doing it. Brush 2x daily and floss at least once unless directed otherwise by your dentist. Always consult your dentist for the best advice concerning your dental health.
Prev Question: Can you get chlamydia in your eye
People also view