Why does hair fall out
10% of our hair is in a "resting phase" and after 2-3 months resting, hair falls out and new hair grows in its place. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-hair-fall-out ]
More Answers to "Why does hair fall out"
- Chemotherapy works by attacking fast-growing cells, which include cancer cells. But the drugs cannot tell the difference between good and bad cells and kill them indiscriminately. Since hair cells are among the fast-growing cells in the bod...
- Cancer cells grow rapidly and uncontrollably. Chemotherapy affects any cell that grows rapidly, such as hair cells.
- A hair falls out because it has stopped growing, gone into a resting period and then is essentially dead, so it falls out. Around 90% of our hair is in a growing phase whcih lasts around 2-6 years. The other 10% is in a resting phase, which...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does your hair fall out when you dye it?
- Q: I have only dyed my hair a few time, no crazy colors though. I have done it with the "correct" time between dying. I use a dye with no amonnia (sp?). My hair still seems to fall out more then what it did before I started dying my hair. I take care of it and the hair it self feels good and itsn't dired out.Why is this happening? What can I do to help it?
- A: OMG it does NOT fall out b/c God is trying to tell u not to dye your hair!!! that is absurdIt breaks and falls out because the chemical may have been to hard on the hair shaft thus causing damage. Have a professional do it, they can mix the dye just right for your hair type and get the right ph and amonia levels that will cause the least damage.to help now u can use a reconstructor like Aveda Damage Repair or Joico reconstructor. And minimize washing and heat styling to every other day if possible.
- Why does so much of my hair fall out when I wash it?
- Q: I wash my hair once a week, and it only seems to fall out when I wash it, then it's fine for the rest of the week.Why is this?I haven't really counted how many hairs fall out, but I'm sure it is well over 100. I'm always finding hairs all over myself after washing, and even just running my fingers through my hair can bring out ten or more hairs.Any ideas of why this is or what I can do about would be appreciated, thanks.
- A: Everyone loses about 75 hairs per day, or so. Washing hair helps to get the lost hairs out of the bunch. If you don't wash your hair daily, the free-floating hairs will kind of hang out until the next time you wash.Don't worry, it's not a big deal.
- Why does my hair always fall out in the shower?
- Q: Okay so I know its pretty common for hair to fall out when you brush it or wash it, but I think I have an Extreme case. I have thick medium length hair and when I wash my hair it seems like gobs of my hair fall out. My hair doesn't seem to be getting thinner, but its really annoying and embarrassing to have big chunks of my hair always falling out. What is causing this? What can I do to make it stop?
- A: dont worry thats normal. its gonna keep happening until you hit 40 (i think)..the same thing happened to me and i looked it up and it said it was normal. i have that same hair. hair grows really fast and dont worry about a thing, its not caused from an illness
Prev Question: What is the most common disease in the US
People also view