Why do you poop green sometimes
Healthy people can have green poop if they eat a diet rich in leafy green vegetables, or if they consumption of food coloring [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-you-poop-green-sometimes ]
More Answers to "Why do you poop green sometimes"
- Why is poop green sometimes?
- If you are breastfeeding your baby, breast-milk has two parts. Initially your breast milk is thin and watery which contains vitamins and carbohydrates and other minerals essential for your baby and the second part is the hind milk which is ...
- How come sometimes when you poop its green, whats it mean??
- "Green bowel movements - what causes this? Firstly, if you have had a green bowel movement there is no need to be overly worried. There are generally two causes for a green bowel movement: something you have ingested, such as large am...
- Why is poop sometimes green?
- I'm assuming that you're talking about a child.. did they eat a crayon? That is a source of some interesting colours!
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is it that your poop sometimes green?
- Q: my poop has been green for the past days. YES i look at my poop. not like scientist or anything just to see how big it is. you know. maybe you don't.
- A: depends on what u eat...eating a lot of spinach?
- Why is my poop sometimes green?
- Q: hi i just went to the bathroom and my poop was green.... (awkward). I was wondering if someone could tell me why.
- A: If you have the occasional green stool—don't panic! Most likely it is normal, and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. Think about the foods you ate, any vitamins or supplements you took—even if they're not green in color.There can be many reasons why stool appears to be green. The first and most obvious reason is eating green foods. Green, leafy vegetables contain chlorophyll which could be coloring the stool green. Foods with dark purple coloring like Kool-Aid, popsicles, and gelatin (Jell-O) can also result in rainbow-colored stools. Iron supplements or even foods that are rich in iron can also give stool a green tinge.Stool can also appear green for physical reasons, and not just from what you've been eating. We think of a healthy stool as being brown. Bile that is secreted in the first part of the small intestine is actually green. As stool is digested and passed through the large intestine it is turned into a darker brown color.If stool is still green by the time it is excreted, it could mean that it went through the large intestine too fast to be changed in color. This is often called "rapid transit" or "decreased colonic transit time" and diarrhea that is green in color could be the result.In breast-fed babies, green stool is a normal occurrence, especially right after delivery. In older children, the reason could be food-related as described above, or even from non-food items. Eating or sucking on colored non-food items such as crayons might also turn stools different colors.If green stool continues, or your bowel habits have changed in other ways, you may want to call your doctor. This is especially true if you are experiencing diarrhea which can be an indication of other problems or could lead to dehydration.Here are the most common causes of green stools:- large amounts of green leafy vegetables - green or purple artificial coloring (popsicles, Kool-Aid; gelatin)- iron supplements- rapid transit or decreased colonic transit time.Now with the variable colonic transit time, this may be attributed to IBS If the symptoms are mild, I wouldn't be too worried about it. If the symptoms worsen or bother you, you may want to inquire about an endoscopy to make sure that there isn't anything other problem more serious than IBS.. If the diagnosis is indeed IBS ; you may want to be referred to a gastroenterologist to optimize the management
- Why is poop sometimes green instead of brown?
- Q: I know its gross but I think its weird!!
- A: haha the scientific reason is that bile produced by the liver is green, and it sometimes is not removed by the villi in the intestines so it stays and tada its green.
Prev Question: Is the swine flu air born
People also view