Why do you get a canker sore
Canker sores are caused by an allergy to a type of bacterium found in the mouth or even certain foods. ChaCha on! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-you-get-a-canker-sore ]
More Answers to "Why do you get a canker sore"
- Usually spelled canker sore in the US. There are several known causes: 1) Trauma, such as accidentally biting the inside of your cheek, piece of a potato chip jabbing your gums, broken tooth, etc. 2)Food allergy--citrus fruits are one type ...
- Yes, thank you Sk8r Chix. Don't you love these people. Canker sores are a minor, harmless and superficial virus infection. You can pick up the virus from many places either directly or indirectly from your hands. Extremely common (as you kn...
- i Used to get so many canker sores. But then i switched to this tooth paste. See I was at the health food store, and like complaining about my canker sores or seomthing, and this random guy was like, try this toothpaste; it doesn't have <...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do I get canker sore and cuts in my mouth when i go out drinking?
- Q: Its been happening to me for years. I go out about every 2 weeks drinking with friends and have a few smokes.... and the next day the insides of my mouth are in pain. Cuts / bumps on my tounge, canker sores cuts on insides of my cheeks.... why?
- A: could be dehydration. Take lots of fruit juice mixed with salt & sugar.
- why avoid acidic food when i have a canker sore?
- Q: Alright so i have this BIG canker sore in mouth and it hurts a lot so i came on here to find out how i can get rid of it. A lot of people said avoid eating acidic food such as tomatoes and oranges. Well, i've been eating them a lot until now and that made me wonder WHY i shouldnt be eating them? Does it make the canker sore worse? or is it just because it stings when you eat these foods so people advise others to stay away from it?
- A: it sometimes stings when you eat acidic foods, and it might make the sore a little raw, but it's mostly for your comfort. If it doesn't hurt anymore than when you eat non-acidic foods, then i wouldn't worry about it too much. That said, i would recommend staying away, it might hurt more later.
- I have this mondo canker sore right now. Why do canker sore suck so much?
- Q: I want to kill myself. I cannot finish my meals and I have to result to throwing most of the food out since the canker sore hurts so bad I can't even eat. I've lost 5 pounds since the sore appeared on the inside of my lip. I think I might die from starvation if nothing is done. How do I destroy the canker sore forever?Wikipedia's stuff didn't help me.
- A: You can't destroy them forever....But to answer your other question here is some thing that you might tryCanker Sore TreatmentSelf-Care at HomeTry rinsing your mouth with a solution of ½ teaspoon salt dissolved in 8 ounces of water.Another mixture that may be helpful consists of 1-2 tablespoons of Maalox mixed with ½ tablespoon of liquid diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Swish a teaspoonful in your mouth and spit it out. This can be done four times a day.A number of medications are available over the counter, for example, calamine (Calamox) lotion.Liquids or ointments with a numbing ingredient such as benzocaine (Anbesol, Oragel, Orabase, Zilactin-B, Tanac) help relieve the discomfort of canker sores.
Prev Question: What is the name for bleed of the stomach
People also view