Why do pimples hurt
Pimples can become painful because they are composed of a bacteria and dirt trapped under the skin. Popping them makes it worse. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-pimples-hurt ]
More Answers to "Why do pimples hurt"
- "[Pimples] are the direct result of skin pores becoming clogged with sebum, a naturally occurring oil, and dead skin cells. In these conditions the naturally occurring largely commensal bacteria Propionibacterium acnes can cause inflam...
- Yeah, I'm just like you. I get the occasional big red pimple that hurts. Those are called pustules. A pustule is different from a pimple only because it contains white blood cells. These white blood cells pile up creating pus in the pore. T...
- Why do pimples hurt yahoo answers? Would someone consider giving me a couple pointers? I really need an answer now.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why do some pimples hurt when you touch it?
- Q: i woke up with a pimple on my forehead, and my head just hurts from it, especially when i touch it, it pains.why does this happen?
- A: The inflammation builds up pressure in the follicle and this is felt in the nerve receptors.
- Why do some pus pimples REALLY hurt but the pain disappears when popped?
- Q: I have ALWAYS wondered why certain pus pimples exert TREMENDOUS pressure & REALLY hurt but the moment they are popped or burst, the painful pressure and hurt is relieved?Is there a biological reason for this??Thanks to anyone who posts a useful answer.
- A: A simple question, well put.Excessive pressure is felt on the sensitive 'nerve endings' that carry painful stimulus to the brain. Once popped, the pressure falls and the pain is reduced/not felt.
- Why do pimples hurt so much when you pop them?
- Q: The ones that have lots of pus inside of them. They don't hurt much when you squeeze them. But when they pop and splatter pus all over, they really sting badly for a couple of seconds.
- A: because of the nerves in the under layers of the skin
Prev Question: What is sleep panic disorder
People also view