Why do people chew on ice
The desire to chew ice cubes may also be a symptom of iron-deficiency anemia or other physical or emotional conditions, MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-people-chew-on-ice ]
More Answers to "Why do people chew on ice"
- Why do you chew ice?
- cause youre stupid cause youre stupid
- Is it bad to chew on ice?
- Yes, I do believe that it has the potential to chip away at your tooth enamel making it easier to get cavities.
- What does it mean when I chew on ICE?
- I do that to. I just like the cold in my mouth i guess. Possibly cause you like the numbness on your tongue? It most likely doesn't mean anything. xx
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why is it bad to chew on ice?
- Q: I don't know why I do it... I have to chew ice everywhere I go...But i need to know if it's bad , or what it does?
- A: Is constantly craving and chewing ice a sign of anemia?Answerfrom Ruben Mesa, M.D.Possibly. Doctors use the term "pica" to describe craving and chewing substances that have no nutritional value — such as ice, clay, cornstarch or paper. Craving and chewing ice (pagophagia) is often associated with iron deficiency anemia — although it may be associated with other nutritional problems as well.It's not known why some people with iron deficiency anemia crave and chew ice. Researchers from one recent study suggested it may be because of ice's pain-relieving properties, since some people with iron deficiency anemia experience tongue pain and inflammation (glossitis). The same researchers found that ice has a new and better taste to some people who are iron deficient.In some individuals, pica is a sign of emotional problems, such as stress, obsessive-compulsive disorder or a developmental disorder.A thorough medical evaluation can help determine if pica is due to an underlying medical condition. If the cause of pica is an emotional or developmental issue, cognitive behavioral therapy may be helpful. It can crack the enamel on your teeth.
- Why must people chew ice?
- Q: I may be oversensitive, but it bugs me enough to hear people when they chew. Lately, everyone around me seems to have an obsession with chewing the ice from their drink either while they are drinking or after they are done. To me, that's like scraping nails on a chalk board, it gives me goosebumps and makes me want to scream!
- A: Well, you might mention they are ruining their teeth, creating micofractures that will undermine the integrity of the tooth, eventually fracturing and chipping....NOT A CHEAP HABIT!!
- Why the heck do people make such a big deal about chewing ice?
- Q: I chew ice. i don't have anemia.just let people be. I chew it when it pour it in my drink. what's so bad about it?
- A: Uh, it's bad for your teeth.
Prev Question: What is it called when your iron count is low
People also view