What makes poop smell bad
Poop stinks as a result of the products of bacterial action. Bacteria produce smelly, sulfur-rich organic compounds such as More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-makes-poop-smell-bad ]
More Answers to "What makes poop smell bad"
- Is there anything you can do to make your cats poop not smell so ...?
- They make something by tidy cats that is a powder that goes in the litter box that you just sprinkle in after scooping. Arm and hammer makes one too.
- Can worms make a dogs poop smell really bad?
- I would take her to the vet and have a fecal done. There is a protozoan parasite called coccidiosis that causes foul smelling stools. Parasites are contagious dog to dog and some are dog to human so I would have her checked out asap
- What is poop made of and why does it smell bad?
- You are making a value judgment about a chemical reaction. Poop has a smell period. Humans think that the smell of poop is bad so that we avoid it and avoid eating it. Just another little gift from our evolutionary predecessors. Now, I thin...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What makes poop smell bad?
- Q: Really, why does sh*t smell bad? What makes it sometimes worse than other times? Is it different by person?
- A: Indole and skatole are foul smelling compounds produced by the decomposition of tryptophane and other amino acids. Hydrogen sulfide is sometimes produced, causing the odor of rotten eggs. The bacteria in our intestines do good thinks like produce vitamin K, but foul odor is unfortunately an adverse side effect. There have been reports that odors vary by family. This may be in part due to genetic variation of the person or of the person's intentinal bacteria. Dietary differences may also have an influence. Only a few (mad?) scientists have studied the subject, and my suspicion is that the powers that be at the NIH are reluctant to fund such research.
- Can changing a dogs food make the poop smell bad?
- Q: I recently changed my dogs food from Science Diet to a much richer food with no fillers. I gradually changed over to the new in a 10 day period. All of a sudden her poop has a terrible odor. Is this normal when you change to a better quality of food?
- A: It was very good that you changed gradually. Most people don't know to do that. And yes, changing food can change the color, consistancy and smell of their stool. It isn't bad, it just means that the new food has different ingredients. If you can tolerate the smell i would keep her on the new food.
- Does having diabetes make poop smell worse than normal?
- Q: Okay so I work at a restaurant and these three other co-workers have diabetes, and all three always poop at work, and whenever they get done in the ladies room (we only have one for employees) the bathroom smells a kitty litter box that hasn't been changed for a week. What's even worse is that the vent is broken so the smell lingers forever. When other people w/o diabetes poop it smells like regular old stinky poop. But, when either of the diabetes ladies poops it's just god awful, it makes me sick to my stomach.
- A: No, peculiar smelling poop has never been regarded as a symptom of diabetes. However, various other bodily smells have been recorded in connection with diabetes. To know more, visit the following link:http://www.seasonalmagazine.com/2009/07/diabetes-symptoms-revisited-are-they.html
Prev Question: What r the symptoms of tonsillitis
People also view