What is vaginal strep
Group B Strep, also known as Beta Strep or GBS is a bacteria that can live within humans. About 25% of women are carriers MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-vaginal-strep ]
More Answers to "What is vaginal strep"
- What is strep................?
- Strep Throat... Its a contagious infection that gives you a sore swollen throat and tonsils, and a fever is common too. Antibiotics are needed to treat strep. Look for white spots on your tonsils, which is common sign of strep. It's very co...
- How do you know if you have strep throat?
- Only a doctor can test to verify a strep infection. They do the test right in the office, takes only a few minutes for the results to come back. You'll know before you leave the doctor's office. If you don't have a primary care doctor, you ...
- How do you tell if you have strep throat?
- A physician who suspects strep throat (sore throat and fever) recommends a rapid strep test , which involves removal of specimen from the throat, to confirm the diagnosis. In addition, he may send the same specimen to a laboratory to have a...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Ok..this is kind of a personal question..but can you get vaginal strep b from your partner if they have strep?
- Q: My husband has strep throat and I have heard of vaginal strep b..could he pass strep b to me through intercourse? Or is that entirely different?
- A: There are four classifications of Strep - A, B, C & D. Group A causes strep throat (what your husband has), while the strep you are concerned about is Group B (which can cause premature rupture of the membranes or infect the fetus).Group C & D are specific to animals, so no worries there!The worse that you can do having sex with your husband now is catching strep throat - no picnic, but easily treatable!
- Women only, has anyone ever heard of vaginal strep?
- Q: Doctor says I have it but it's only treated if I am pregnant, no chance of that happening again.
- A: Strep Vaginosis, also called Bacterial Vaginosis, is the most common type of vaginal infection. It is a mild infection of the vagina caused by bacteria. Normally, there are a lot of "good" bacteria and some "bad" bacteria in the vagina. The good types help control the growth of the bad types. In women with bacterial vaginosis, the balance is upset. There are not enough good bacteria and too many bad bacteria.Bacterial vaginosis is usually a mild problem that goes away on its own in a few days, but it can lead to more serious problems.You can read about the treatment of this condition with the link I provided for you below.Good Luck! =)
- Has anyones child ever had rectal strep or vaginal strep ?
- Q: my daughter got it and was misdiagnosed for a month ! Freaking doctors !
- A: I assume you mean Group B Strep(GBS)? It's estimated that around 15 to 40% of people have it in their lower intestine/rectum and/or vagina. It usually doesn't cause any symptoms etc and is only a problem for women in labour due to the risk to the baby being born. What is the problem that your daughter is having? Usually we are just carriers of the bacteria and it causes no problem.
Prev Question: How low is dangerous for blood pressure
People also view