What is tss and how do I treat it
Toxic shock syndrome is a severe blood illness caused by toxin made by Staphylococcus aureus. It must be treated in the hospital. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-tss-and-how-do-i-treat-it ]
More Answers to "What is tss and how do I treat it"
- How is TSS treated?
- Treatment is with antibiotic drugs. Intravenous fluids are also required to treat shock and raise the blood pressure, which in turn improves blood flow to vital organs.
- Can Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) be treated?
- Toxic shock syndrome can be treated . However, it must be treated in the hospital. The most common kinds of treatments are: antibiotics, Intravenous fluids, and drainage of the infection site.
- Can TSS Be Treated?
- With early diagnosis TSS can be treated with antibiotics to kill the Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, and other medicines, which help counteract the symptoms.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How likely is it for someone to get TSS and how can you treat it?
- A: TSS was a big problem quite some years ago.To my understanding it is not common today due in part a change in how they make tampons.Also the problem used to be with keeping the tampons in too long, not changing them as directed.
- Has any females on here never had TSS or has known anyone?
- Q: Has any females on here never had TSS or has known anyone? if so can you tell me how they treat it? or how is was or what did they do to the person??or any other information about it...other then you get it from tampons
- A: it is VERY dangerous . . . IF you think you have it, or know someone who does, get to the doctor - All I know is that my husband died 10 years ago from what is obvious today - it was that new STAPH infection MRSA (have you heard about it ? it is all over the news) and 10 years ago - it was pretty much an "unknown" or not quite yet so "resistant" to SO MANY antibiotics. Now, today it all makes sense. When I asked the doctors to explain to me EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS THAT KILLED HIM The Doctor said to me: You could compare it to Toxic Shock Syndrome! I was mortified to say the least and could NOT UNDERSTAND IT --- UNTIL NOW. In a newscast, they were telling you HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS "MRSA" STAPH INFECTION (do a google on it if you are not familiar with it) and one of the suggestions they made was CHANGE YOUR TAMPON EVERY 4 HOURS! OK, So NOW it MADE EVEN MORE SENSE TO ME (what the doctor said, comparing it to TSS) He most likely had the MRSA (or a similar strain) and waited too long to see a doctor -- (as a lot of men do)I really dont know the symptons of TSS, however it IS VERY SERIOUS, PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!!(it was real fast - went to the ER and that was it) The "STAPH" infection had already gone to his organs - EVEN IV antibiotics would not help him. SERIOUS SITUATION. I THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO A MEDICAL SEARCH FOR MORE SPECIFIC INFORMATION.GOOD LUCK
- Can you please tell me what exactly TSS is?
- Q: I do know that it stands for Toxic Shock Syndrome, and you get it from wearing tampons for too long. Can you get it from wearing them too often? Can you get it from other things? What actually causes it?Also, please do not treat me like I'm stupid, but explain it simply enough for it to be easy to understand, thank you.
- A: Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) is a potentially faital illness that can affect anyone but most common in menstruating young women using tampons, it's caused when the common bacteria staphylococcus aureus start to produce TSS-toxin1 that gets into your bloodstream and attacks your body. Initial symptoms are fever, sore throat, headache, aching, vomiting, diarrhea, red eyes, skin flaking around hands and feet and low blood pressure. Symptoms begin after your period starts, and you may not get all symptoms, but if you suspect TSS remove the tampon saving it then go to hospital telling them you suspect TSS, even if you have doubts quick action may save your life. The serious phase lasts 4-5 days and it can kill within a week, survivers are left with serious life-long health problems. TSS is linked to tampons due to synthetics used in the 80's that weren't safety tested, many women died but manufacturers ignored the problem, continuing to promote the tampons until they were banned years later. Since then other harmful ingredients have been used, but as manufacturers are self-regulated and there are no independent safety tests so little is done. Even without harmful ingredients TSS is still a risk along with many other health problems due to vaginal damage caused by tampon use, manufacturers legally have to warn about TSS but not about other risks. TSS is rare but statistics only count 1/3 of all cases so unfortanatly people don't take it seriously and so there's a lot of missinformation – for example people say you can only get TSS from leaving a tampon in too long, which is simply untrue, TSS is NOT only from wearing tampons for too long, it is always a risk from tampon use, along with other health risks. It's just that the longer you wear a tampon the greater the risks because the longer you are negatively effecting your vagina and the longer you are giving bacteria to multiply. TSS is totally avoidable by using pads or cups instead of tampons, or at least using organic tampons which are free from synthetics and chemicals that increase the risks. For each 1g increase in absorbency TSS risk increases by 37% use the lowest possible absorbency, changing absorbency as flow changes. Never use tampons when not menstruating, during light flow or while sleeping as there's no flow so tampons absorb more vaginal fluids causing vaginal damage. Using tampons all the time increases TSS risk by a factor of 33 so switch between tampons and pads. Change every 4-6 hours, TSS is always a risk but the longer you leave a tampon the longer bacteria have to multiply. http://www.toxicshock.comhttp://www.spotsite.org http://www.tamponalert.org.uk
Prev Question: How do you know if you have hpv
People also view