What is the difference between cold sores and blisters
Cold sores are caused by the herpes virus. Blisters are when the upper layer of skin becomes unattached from other layers. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-difference-between-cold-sores-and-blisters ]
More Answers to "What is the difference between cold sores and blisters"
- What is the difference between Colds Sores and Fever Blisters??
- There is no difference. A Cold Sore is the same as a Fever Blister. They are just different names for a facial herpes outbreak.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the difference between blisters and cold sores?
- Q: i been having alot of little bubbly white pimple looking under my lip n skin.... is it cold sore or blister ? im currently using this cold sore treatment but then i heard my doctor saying that is blister/coldsore? n i dont know if i should continue using it because i had it like 4 weeks already n it still like that....
- A: Cold sores, are caused by the herpes virus, which they hurt bad, itch and tend to spread, usually comes on with a cold, or stress. you can get a script from the Dr. to control these outbreaks, which reduces the pain a lot... cold sores can be spread to someone else, with direct contact. Blisters are raised areas on the skin filled with fluid caused by chemical burns, heat, allergic reactions to medicine and other substance like poison ivy. they go away in a couple of days, they don't hurt like cold sores, nor do they spread. Hope this helps
- Is there a difference between cold sores and fever blisters?
- Q: Or are they the same thing, Herpes?
- A: I found this information and there is more at the link:What Is a Cold Sore?A cold sore is a small blister that is reddish or purple. They are usually on the outer edge of the lip, on just one side. Cold sores can appear one at a time or in little bunches, and they are sometimes filled with fluid. They usually crust over and form a scab before they go away. They last a week or 2 and usually don't require any special treatment.Although they're called cold sores, you don't need to have a cold to get one. Some people call them fever blisters, but you don't have to have a fever to have one, either. (Cold sores aren't the same as canker sores, which are small white sores that are always found inside the mouth.)What Causes Cold Sores?Cold sores are caused by a virus called herpes (say: hur-peez). Herpes is one of the most common viral infections in the world. The medical name for the specific virus that causes cold sores is herpes simplex.There are two types of herpes simplex infection: herpes simplex virus one (called HSV-1 for short) and herpes simplex virus two (called HSV-2 for short). Although both can cause cold sores around a person's mouth, most are caused by HSV-1.
- What is the difference between cold sores, fever blister, mouth sore, and herpes?
- Q: What is the difference between cold sores, fever blister, mouth sore, and herpes?i tihnk i have either one of my lip....
- A: Cold sores are a type of facial lesion that are found either on the lips or else on the skin in the area immediately adjacent to the mouth. Some equivalent terms that are used to refer to cold sores are "fever blisters" and the medical term "recurrent herpes labialis." http://www.animated-teeth.com/cold_sores/t1_cold_sores.htmMouth sores however can be canker soars which occurs when your mouth was bit, or you accidentally poke it with something sharp. But there are a lot of different mouth sores as well such as herpes and other diseaseshttp://www.ada.org/public/topics/mouth_sores.aspI hope this helps. If you have herpes you should try using abreva I heard it helps.If you have canker sore try gargling some hot water and salt. It will help relieve the pain. And remember if you have herpes you should not perform any oral sex with your partner and or kissing just because herpes cannot be cured and also herpes can be transferred to one person to another. - always practice safe sex by using condoms -
Prev Question: How do you know if you're allergic to latex condoms
People also view