What is the cause of razor burn
Razor burn is irritation to skin caused by tiny nicks and tears while shaving. Prevent it with moisturizing gels & a clean razor. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-cause-of-razor-burn ]
More Answers to "What is the cause of razor burn"
- What is the cause of razor burn?
- its happens when you have a dull razor and not that much shaving cream you can get rid of it by putting lotion on after your shave to moisterize the skin
- What causes and how can I get rid of RAZOR BURN?
- Razor burn is a discomfort to be taken seriously for the future of one's skin. Razor burn is caused by many different factors. This occurs during shaving when the face is not properly protected against the blade causing excess skin to be sh...
- Do you know the common causes of razor burn? Are you interested i...?
- Razor burn, razor bumps and ingrown hairs are a common, and extremely irritating, problem for both men and women. Shaving in particular is one of the causes for razor bumps and ingrown hairs because it “sharpens” the free hair end, facilita...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Will shaving against the hairs on my face even though it may cause razor burn help it grown faster?
- Q: I was thinking it would because it grows patchy and i never shave perfectly. There are always though same spots i never get. IN THE SAME SPOTS! I don't know. This sucks. I wanna beard. Hah.Oh yeah I want a beard cause I'm alraedy really good smelling and clean. So maybe it might be cute and more manly at the same time. Handsome?
- A: Why do you want a beard they look dirty
- DOesn'T shaving pubic hair cause razor burn and nasty red bumps?
- Q: Yea, I can see, OH it eliminates dirt, but if you Shower everyday, what is the problem, also the hair is there to keep sweat, dirt from dripping an an area that can get contaminated.IT technically is cleaner
- A: No i used too and it never irritated me.I guess its a preference some people feel cleaner.
- Does Nair cause razor burn?
- Q: i was wondering if Nair for men caused razor burn like a razor does? cuz i was contemplating using it for places i dont like to shave with a razor so i dont wanna use it if it will have the same effects. speak from experience plz. peace.
- A: No it doesn't, but it can BURN the skin BADLY! better get the stuff for your tender spots...made just for the face!.... Razor burn is caused when 'slicing off the tops of pores'... burn from a dipilitory (Nair)...is to the entire skin! not just bumps. But, if you do burn yourself with Nair, you'll wish you had given yourself razor burn instead....it's THAT bad. If it says not to leave on over 5 minutes then get it off NO LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES LATER!!...& be ready with a cool wet wash basin and wash cloth and BLOT the Nair off gently...do NOT rub the skin--- And don't use any soap or wash products & don't use anything like tanning lotion afterward for at least 2 hours. I use a facial lotion on the freshly Nair-ed skin, and that seems to soothe it a lot.
Prev Question: Is vomiting a symptom of the swine flu
People also view