What is the cause of a knot in your shoulders or back
"Knots" happen because a chain reaction is occurring in your upper body. A knot is the end result. It is caused by muscle tension. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-cause-of-a-knot-in-your-shoulders-or-back ]
More Answers to "What is the cause of a knot in your shoulders or back"
- What causes knots in your back and shoulders, and how can you rem...?
- The knots are caused by lactic acid build-up between the muscle sheets. This may be due to poor posture, prolonged use of the are like when you sit on a desk all day reading, writing, or using the computer. The best way to avoid them is to ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What causes knots in your back and shoulders, and how can you remove them?
- Q: I never had knots before and know I have two that bother me a lot. How do people get knots and how can I remove them? I went to get a massage, but it didn't go away.
- A: The knots are caused by lactic acid build-up between the muscle sheets. This may be due to poor posture, prolonged use of the are like when you sit on a desk all day reading, writing, or using the computer. The best way to avoid them is to stretch every now and then to keep the circulation going, a few shoulder rotations would be great.Although massage can help, it is better if it is combined with a hot pack since this would increase the circulation to the area and remove the lactic acid faster.
- What would cause a large lump on top of your shoulder? Muscle knot? Dislocated bone? ?
- Q: I have full range of motion and limited pain (shoulder feels tight). When I rub it, I can feel "crunchies" inside. Most likely was done while working out. Hurts mostly when doing a "wax on, wax off" motion.
- A: It's most likely a muscle knot. There is a major nerve cluster up there. If your collar bone was broken or dislocated, you wouldn't have full range of motion and the pain would be excruciating.But it could be a tumor or a cyst. Suck it up. Call the Doc. Get it looked at.When you don't know what's going on, always have a doctor find out. Because a lot of things it could be can be really bad.
- What is causing the knot feeling on my back on my left shoulder right below the left side of my neck?
- Q: I get this feeling at that location (it's like a sore feeling, like my muscles there have been tired out) when I drive in my car for a long time or sit in front of a computer for a long time.
- A: I think you answered your own question.... Sitting for too long...
Prev Question: What causes knots in my neck and shoulders
People also view