What is rotovirus
The rotavirus antigen test is a test for the presence of rotavirus in the feces. Thanks for choosing ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-rotovirus ]
More Answers to "What is rotovirus"
- ･ Causes severe diarrhea, mostly in infants and young children. ･ Is often accompanied by vomiting, fever, and dehydration. ･ Is the leading cause of diarrhea in infants and young children in the United States and worldwide. ･ Infects almos...
- Rotavirus is a virus that causes severe diarrhea, mostly in babies and young children. It is often accompanied by vomiting and fever. Rotavirus is not the only cause of severe diarrhea, but it is one of the most serious. Each year in the Un...
- Rotavirus, or rotaviral gastroenteritis, causes severe diarrhea in children. Adults and the elderly can contract rotavirus, too; however, children generally have the strongest infections....
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Has anyone ever heard of using Culturelle to treat rotovirus?
- Q: My son (16mo old) was diagnosed with the nasty rotovirus and he is taking a daily supplement of this probiotic to treat his symptoms. It really seems to be working. He is less cranky and doesn't seem to be in as much pain. I know this virus is tough, and I really just wanted to share this treatment option of replacing the good bacteria in order to ease discomfort and promote recovery in the intestines. (Did you know they can get blood in their stool because of this?) No RX, it's a supplement. Safe for babies according to my doctor and the package instructions.
- A: Nope, never heard that.
- Whats the difference between winter vomiting (srsv )and rotovirus?
- Q: I do know a bit about both viruses- but want a bit more background to make up a factsheet.
- A: SRSV (small round structured virus) is a food-borne illness of the Norwalk group, and can happen to people of any age. Though transmission is usually from food, person-to-person transmission is possible.Rotavirus is common among children and is typically transferred by fecal-oral contact, and contaminated objects will remain contaminated for a long time. Rotavirus among adults does happen, but is uncommon.
- How do i prevent getting gastro and rotovirus? Their both going around in my town!?
- A: wash your hands and avoid sick people.
Prev Question: What is acid reflex
People also view