What is medical very for hair thinning
Medical reasons for thinning of the hair include Alopecia areata, Traction alopecia, Trichotillomania, Tinea capitis (fungal infection), or Telogen effluvium. If you are losing large amounts of hair, contact a medical physician. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-medical-very-for-hair-thinning ]
More Answers to "What is medical very for hair thinning"
- What causes Online Medical Textbooks on Causes of Thinning hair ??
- The following drugs, medications, substances or toxins may possibly cause Thinning hair as a side effect. Clonidine tablets Catapres tablets Catapres-TTS-1 tablets Catapres-TTS-2 tablets Catapres-TTS-3 tablets [ See detailed list of 5 drug ...
- Is there a medical reason or defficiency which causes thin straig...?
- Any sudden, dramatic change in hair should be taken seriously. It may indicate that the body has gone out of balance. This can happen when a person is under extreme stress, especially if they begin to neglect their health at this time. When...
- How to get scene hair w/ blonde, thin, med length hair??
- Layer your hair and get it razored. Brown or black with another color in the fringe or back looks great. Blonde with pink streaks in can also be very fetching.You can also get other colors like green or blue. Use hairspray, and stay away fr...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Medical reason for hair thinning?? please please read and comment..?
- Q: Hey..I went to the Dr who sed its nothing but I kno my something isn't right. For the past couple of months I have noticed that my hair is thinner. Im 22 n always had REALLY thick,coarse hair but now it seems flat, dull, thin and kinda frizzy.I also noticed I hav some big spots on my cheeks,neck and scalp, n that my neck n scalp are kinda itchy.The thinning seems most obvious on the crown at the back of my head.I don't notice loads of hair on my pillow bt people hav started to notice.Wat could this be down to.. here are the only things I can think of..1) In Dec 2006 I went from blonde (bleached) to red. After a few months I got fed up and went to black. Then in May 2007 I got my hair bleached 3 times in a month to get it back to blonde. I have been having it bleached (highlights) every 3 months but the colour still is a bit red.2) I got diagnosed with a borderline underactive thyroid(im 21) they r retesting me in 6 months (no meds)3)I have had a mirena coil since jan 06..I have read that the mirena can cause spots and hair thinning (i have also noticed i have more body hair) but my DR said it doesnt cause it releases hardly any hormone..4) Im kinda overweight, but on a realy good diet now.I just don't know what to do cause I feel so paranoid.. any ideas very welcome thanks! x
- A: Thyroid problems can be responsible for loss of hair. Speak to your endocrinolgist..
- What are some reasons why hair starts thinning?
- Q: I'm 24 and my hair is starting to thin.Can you tell me any medical or non-medical reasons why this might be.I've been able to rule some things out, but I'm starting to get depressed about this.And, can this be reversed?
- A: There is a consensus of opinion that thinning, loss and scalp problems (that result in thinning) is attributable to shampoos - the most harmful are anti dandruff ones. They have countless hair, scalp and even health harming harsh and toxic ingredients. Washing hair too frequently is another cause - removes beneficial natural oils and contributes to loss and premature graying. Definitely avoid using blow driers - a proven cause of hair loss.(confirm with Google searches)Find "Non harmful shampoos, & other hair products " with other Google searches. Some will be expensive or only available on-line so refine search by adding "low cost" and "available in stores" Find in GNC ,Trader Joes, Some Walmart Stores, Cost Plus, Wegmans, Earth Fare, natural & health foods stores. Diet is a factor. Many eat badly and neglect to get proper health promoting foods but consume countless body and hair health harming and chemically adulterated foods and drinks. My shifting to vegetarian organic foods with a high percentage of raw vegetables and fruit and nuts has made a marked difference to my skin, scalp and hair health - as well as my general health.This is a NATURAL, safe, treatment that truly stops thinning and loss almost straight away and also forces new growth. Massage scalp thoroughly with olive or any natural oil - then brush vigorously using, preferably, a palm held brush with short natural boar bristles - soft bristled for fine straight hair and stiff bristled for thicker non straight hair (you can see them on Amazon) so you really feel it stimulating scalp. Do 90 /100 strokes each day at beginning building up to more. It's better to sleep with hair like that. Protect pillow with old pillow cases. You may be apprehensive about brushing - believe me I was too. But it truly is only beneficial. Will heal scalp and unplug blocked hair ducts that sometimes cause loss - they are the painful, small itching spots. A little shedding and breakage may occur at first but quickly stops as brushing makes hair stronger and better anchored. It will grow faster, it will thicken and It will force new growth.I have had feed back from someone who has had great success using treatment. Reports hair is faster growing thicker and healthier and has also substantially regrown where there was complete loss in just 6 months. I have testimonials from happy usersSOURCE(S): 20+ years research, experimentation to determine safe, natural treatments for hair loss, regrowth and cures of skin, scalp and hair disorders..
- What would cause my hair to be thinning, I a 27 year old female with no medical history, HELP!!!!?
- A: Female hair loss is becoming quite common. There are four main types of hair loss that affect women. You can read about them here: http://www.vzbotanicals.com/typesoffemalehairlossarticle.htmlThere are many possible causes for female hair loss. Any imbalance, disturbance, illness, nutritional deficiency, medication, vaccination-including flu shot, emotional disturbance, stress, auto-immune condition etc. You can find concise information on all the causes of female hair loss including medical conditions here: http://www.vzbotanicals.com/Books%20info.htmlEssential oil scalp massage treatments are very effective at stimulating new growth and restoring healthy hair.
Prev Question: What is a bluish cast of the skin resulting from inadequate oxygenation of the blood
People also view