What is Helicobacter Pylori
Helicobacter pylori is a type of bacteria that is a major cause of stomach (peptic) and upper small intestine (duodenal) ulcers. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-helicobacter-pylori ]
More Answers to "What is Helicobacter Pylori"
- pylori is a spiral-shaped gram negative bacterium that can live in the stomach and in the duodenum which is the section of intestine below the stomach. It is the most common cause of ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, accounting for up to ...
- Helicobacter pylori is a type of germ, or bacteria, that survives inside the stomach. While most people have this germ, a portion of those infected will experience inflammation of the stomach lining, ulcers and other issues as a result of b...
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a bacterium that causes chronic inflammation of the inner lining of the stomach ( gastritis ) in humans. This bacterium also is the most common cause of ulcers worldwide. H. pylori infection is most likely...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does Helicobacter pylori cause gastric ulcers in humans?
- Q: How does Helicobacter pylori cause gastric ulcers in humans? A. It neutralizes the acids of the stomach.B. It causes the production of excess acid in the stomach.C. H. pylori does not cause gastric ulcers.D. It damages the stomach's mucous coat.E. It eats away the lining of the mouth and throat.
- A: Pretty sure it's D.
- How do you get infected with Helicobacter pylori?
- Q: One week ago I was diagnosed with the infection of Helicobacter Pylori, that bacteria is such a bitch that it can cause you stomach cancer.I am under treatment but I wonder how is that I got that infection. If you know let me know please.Thank you
- A: "H. Pylori is bacterial/viral but it is believed to be transmitted orally so it might be contagious. Many researchers think that H. pylori is transmitted orally by means of fecal matter through the ingestion of waste tainted food or water. A clean and hygienic environment can help decrease the risk of H. Pylori infection."--so says the wonderful page of Wikipedia
- Do you know that helicobacter pylori bacteria might have a role in allergy to paprika?
- Q: I became allergic to paprika and some spices since two and a half years ago. My blood test proved positive for helicobacter pylori and I got Claritromicine pills for 3 weeks. After the treatment I got rid of allergy to paprika and spices too.
- A: if you have that bacteria, you need stomach meds....a specific ntibiotic so you wont get an ulcer...or reflux that never ends..
Prev Question: What is staphylococcal
People also view