What is dehydration synthesis
It is the chemical process by which a molecule of water is removed from the reactants to join the reactants together. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-dehydration-synthesis ]
More Answers to "What is dehydration synthesis"
- The chemical process by which a molecule of water is removed from the reactants to join the reactants together. http://library.thinkquest.org/27819/cgi-bin/glossary.cgi?dehydration_synthesis Dehydration synthesis takes place when the mono...
- Dehydration synthesis is when a molecule is added and a water molecule is removed.
- Dehydration synthesis and hydrolysis concepts are easy to understand, mainly due to them being easy reactions and the names are easy to understand. Dehydration means to take water out. Thus when you use dehydration synthesis, you are buildi...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the role of enzymes in dehydration synthesis?
- Q: What is the role of enzymes in dehydration synthesis? This is my understanding: dehydration synthesis is when a water molecule is removed and two reactants combine to form a new larger molecule. What does the enzyme do? Speed up the reaction? what is hydrolase?
- A: The enzyme will serve to speed up the reaction because it holds the two substrate molecules close enough together to bond when the H+ and OH- are removed to free up bonding sites.Hydrolase is an enzyme that does the opposite. Hydrolase makes it easier to take apart a molecule into two pieces and stick an H+ on one of them and an OH- on the end of the other one to keep them from bonding back together.Hydrolysis breaks molecules by inserting parts of a water molecule. Dehydration synthesis joins molecules by removing parts of a water molecule.
- What are Anabolism and dehydration synthesis and what are their process?
- Q: oAnabolism and dehydration synthesis: remember to include examples of each of these types of processes in your discussion.oCatabolism and hydrolysis: remember to include examples of each of these types of processes in your discussion. I need the answers to these asap. I need details n ur opinions!
- A: Dehydration synthesis: is an anabolic process by which two molecules are chemically bonded through the use of enzymes and a loss of water.glucose + glucose + enzyme = maltose + water + enzyme. Hydrolysis: is a catabolic process by which the bond between monomers are broken by the enzyme and the addition of water. sucrose + water + enzyme = glucose + fructose + enzyme.
- Do you think that dehydration synthesis would still be used to combine carbohydrates?
- Q: (carbohydrate) in human body are consumed as a source of energy, and( dehydration synthesis) is monomers joined togrther to form polymers
- A: NO DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!
Prev Question: Why do people have hunchbacks
People also view