What is chronic bronchitis
Chronic bronchitis recurs frequently over two years or longer. It is very serious and often requires regular medical treatment. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-chronic-bronchitis ]
More Answers to "What is chronic bronchitis"
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of the main air passages to the lungs. Bronchitis may be short-lived (acute) or chronic, meaning that it lasts a long time and often recurs.
- Chronic bronchitis is an inflammation of the main airways in the lungs that continues for a long period or keeps coming back.
- Chronic bronchitis (brong-KEYE-tis) is a long-term disease of the lungs. Chronic bronchitis is one of a group of lung diseases called COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Bronchitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the lining of ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some treatments of Chronic Bronchitis? How is it determined that you have it?
- Q: I am going to a lung specialist Thursday. I am on my third round of bronchitis this year. I am just wondering what kind of test to expect, and what possible treatments there are if I am diagnosed with Chronic bronchitis.
- A: Chronic bronchitis is characterized by permanent scar tissue in your bronchioles, causing a productive cough for more than two years continuously. I hope you haven't had it for this long!!! From three episodes of bronchitis in one year, you'd have recurrent acute bronchitis...I'm not trying to pick over your vocabulary, I was just concerned you may google 'chronic bronchitis' and end up scared! Chronic bronchitis is an end-stage respiratory disease, never gets better, and requires lots of medicine and oxygen. It often accompanies emphysema, which together are known as COPD...My guess would be the lung specialist will give you stronger antibiotics and see if you possibly have asthma, but that will be totally up to what he/she finds. Best of wishes, and I hope you feel better soon!
- How can someone who has severe chronic bronchitis and coughs constantly continue smoking cigarettes?
- Q: I do not understand. This guy coughs and clears his throat every single blessed waking minute. He is my temporary flatmate or roommate as some may call them. if you suffer from chronic bronchitis and cough plus clear your throat ever waking minute of your day, then why in the world do people like that smoke yet?Can anyone help me understand?
- A: Therein lies the insanity of any addiction. You keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. There is no rhyme or reason to it my friend.God bless you for being concerned about your friend.
- ExplainWhy do people with chronic bronchitis have a higher than normal rate of respiratory infections?
- Q: Why do people with chronic bronchitis have a higher than normal rate of respiratory infections. Explain what the primary cause is and what is happening at the cellular level
- A: On of the effects of the chronic bronchitis is , it sluggishes the function of muco-ciliary function of the respiratory tract hence it can not effectively clear the foreign particles and so on. It is one of the reasons why they are vulnerable to other respiratory infections.The second reason is due to increased sputum production which gives the suitable medium for any microbe to thrive which eventually can raise an infection.
Prev Question: What is a phenylketonuric
People also view