What is an angioplasty? What is an angioplasty
Angioplasty is the repair of a blood vessel, as by inserting a balloon-tipped catheter to unclog it or by replacing part of MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-an-angioplasty%3F-what-is-an-angioplasty ]
More Answers to "What is an angioplasty? What is an angioplasty"
- Angioplasty - What Is Angioplasty
- (LifeWire) - Definition: Procedure using a tiny balloon to restore blood flow to the heart by reopening arteries closed or narrowed by atheroaclerosis , or plaque buildup.
- How to Prepare for Angioplasty
- ･ Step 1: Accept that an angioplasty may be required if symptoms are not improved through medication and... ･ Step 2: Prepare for angioplasty if the blockage is small and accessible and if you are not in heart failure... ･ Step 3: Realize t...
- Why do I need angioplasty?
- The most common reason for an angioplasty is to clear a blockage of an artery caused by atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Atherosclerosis causes fatty deposits (plaque) to build up on the inside of your arteries. Arteries carry b...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- After having an angioplasty can you do regular things?
- Q: My mother just had an angioplasty and says she cannot do things as she did before. She has even stopped going to work (desk job). Is this normal after an angioplasty?
- A: It is a psychological phenomena, give her some time and encourage her to do physical activity gradually, walking is the best. Avoid stress and a healthy diet OK
- If someone is being monitored for heart problems and everything is normal, why would they order an angioplasty
- Q: This person was having pain in her left arm that was a burning pain (nerve). That was her only symptom. Of course, they immediatly thought heart. They put her in the hospital with all these monitors. Everything was normal. They didn't do a stress test but went to an angioplasty. Everything was normal. It just seems very weird to me.She didn't have a heart attack.Are there other procedures where they go through they insert something up the thigh to get to the heart?
- A: Money!!!Well over 50% of coronary angiographies in this country are negative, normal. Most are rushed into, because hospitals push ER doctors to admit patients with chest pain and push cardiologists to do catheterization (angiograms) simply for revenue.There are a battery of tests that could have been done before deciding an angioplasty or even an angiogram. UNLESS, there was a blood test at the hospital that showed certain enzymes that are present only when there is a heart attack.All bets are off then.
- Why would a 30yr old have an angioplasty for a brain hemorrhage?
- Q: My friends daughter collapsed on Friday and has been admitted to a neurological ward where they think she may have had a bleed. My friend thinks they are doing an angioplasty today but I thought that was to unblock coronary arteries. Has my friends mistaken the procedure or is it feasible
- A: I'm sorry to hear about your friends daughter. 'Angioplasty' is formed of two words "angio"- which means "artery" and plasty "repair". You have arteries all over your body so an angioplasty can take place anywhere, even in the brain. I hope she makes a good recovery.
Prev Question: Does healthy feces sink or float
People also view