What is abrasion
An abrasion is a scraped spot or area; the result of rubbing or abrading. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-abrasion ]
More Answers to "What is abrasion"
- An abrasion is a superficial rub or wearing off of the skin, usually caused by a scrape or a "brush burn."
- Erosive process when rocks embedded in the ice and wear away the land
- In dermatology, an abrasion is superficial damage to the skin, generally not deeper than the epidermis. It is more superficial than an excoriation, although it can give mild bleeding. Mild abrasions do not scar, but deep abrasions may lead ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is as abrasion resistant and aerodynamic as a leather suit?
- Q: I'm getting a cbr600 and I want the abrasion protection as well as the aerodynamic qualities of a leather suit without buying leather. What is the vegan equivalent of leather? I know there is those kevlar jackets but they don't look very aerodynamic. Thanks.
- A: The only thing I can think of is Keprotec. You will find it on leather suits in the inner thigh.As for making a whole suit, I really dont know who does.You could contact Knox. Based in the UK, they use it a lot.
- What's the difference between corneal abrasion and ulcer?
- Q: What's the difference between a corneal abrasion and a corneal ulcer?also, if I use eye drops and my eye becomes super red, is it because the eye drops have become infected with something?
- A: A corneal abrasion is exactly what it says it is. It occurs when something (a finger nail, a pencil, a stick) mechanically scratches the cornea and removes some of the epithelium that covers the surface. It is not an infection.A corneal ulcer is an isolated (can be large or small though) area of inflammation related to an infection of the cornea by a pathogen. The most common cause of a corneal ulcer is bacteria, although ulcers can occur associated with other pathogens such a viruses or fungi. These are active infections and should be treated agressively by either antibiotics, antivirals, or antifungals.As to your last question it depends upon what type eye drop you are talking about. It is possible that you may be allergic to an ingredient in the eye drop. Only way to know for sure what is happening is to go in and let a doc take a look.
- How long does it take an abrasion to heal?
- Q: I was in a car accident and my head hit the winshield. I have a huge abrasion on my forehead and I'm wondering how long would it take to heal. Also, what should I do to make sure it heals properly?
- A: Ouch been there except the knee was worse. Keep massaging vitamin E Oil on it. This will quicken the healing process and help prevent much scarring.
Prev Question: How long do stomach viruses last
People also view