What is a virus that infects bacteria
Penicillin is effective against a number of bacteria, including those that cause anthrax, diphtheria, and meningitis. ChaCha On!! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-virus-that-infects-bacteria ]
More Answers to "What is a virus that infects bacteria"
- What is a virus that infects bacteria?
- Bacteriophage is a type of virus that infects a bacteria.
- What kind of virus infects bacteria?
- A bacteriophage (from 'bacteria' and Greek φάγειν phagein "to eat") is any one of a number of viruses that infect bacteria. The term is commonly used in its shortened form, phage. Typically, bacteriophages consist of an outer prot...
- Can a virus infect a bacteria?
- Yes, they are known as bacteriophages, or simply phages. For example, Enterobacteria phage T4 is a phage which infects the E-Coli bacterium. Your question should be "Can a virus infect a bacterium ?" Yes they can. Viruses are 1...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can a virus infect a bacteria that infects a parasite that lives within a bird?
- Q: That eats bugs off of a rino? If this question sounds out there, it probably is. I am just curious. I heard that viruses van infect bacteria, so I thought I'd ask up the line.
- A: Dude. Get a job with some mental challenge. Get a hobby.
- One type of virus that infects bacteria is called a(n)?
- Q: One type of virus that infects bacteria is called a(n) A. phage.B. mage.C. rhinovirus.D. filovirus.E. Ebola.
- A: A
- Which of the following is true regarding phage lambda, a virus which infects bacteria?
- Q: a. In the lytic cycle, the bacterial host replicates viral DNA, passing it on to daughter cells during binary fission.b. In the lysogenic cycle, t he bacterial host replicates viral DNA, passing it on to daughter cells during binary fission.c. In the lytic cycle, viral DNA is integrated into the host genome.d. In the lysogenic cycle, the host bacterial cell bursts, releasing phages.e. Phage lambda is able to replicate without entering a bacterial host.
- A: Real helpful answer JellJell.BTW, the answer is clearly "b".
Prev Question: How can i prevent zits
People also view