What is a herina
A hernia is an opening or weakness in the muscular structure of the wall of the abdomen. This causes bulging of the abdominal wall [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-herina ]
More Answers to "What is a herina"
- Hernias happen when part of an organ or body cavity--usually small portions of the intestines or fatty tissue from the abdomen--protrude, or bulge, from the area in which they are normally contained. This usually happens when an abdominal w...
- A hernia is an abnormal protrusion of part of the intestines through a weak part of the abdomen, that is, part of the guts are poking through the abdominal wall. Normally, the front of the abdomen has several layers comprising of skin then ...
- ouch! that hurts. That's what you'll be saying if you have one of these painful ailments. Hernia is a general term used to describe a bulge or protrusion of an organ through the structure or muscle that usually contains it.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I am looking for what questions a male would have before having a herina operation?
- A: Below are some questions that you should ask:1. What is the operation (procedure) that is recommended? 2. What is the surgeon's experience with this procedure? 3. What is the reason that this procedure is necessary at this time? 4. What are the options if this procedure is not done? 5. What is the anticipated outcome of the procedure? 6. What kind of anesthesia is required for the procedure? 7. What are the specific risks that this procedure involves? 8. What about a second opinion (if you want one)? 9. What is the recovery process after this procedure? 10. Is this procedure covered by my insurance plan? 11. How long does the procedure take?12. How long will I be in the hospital?13. Are there any special needs I will need at home after the surgery and released from the hospital?14. Will I be in a lot of pain following surgery? (even though I am sure they will make you comfortable).Best wishes.
- How do they diagnose a herina?
- A: A doctor can confirm the presence of a hernia during a physical exam. The mass may increase in size when coughing, bending, lifting, or straining. The hernia (bulge) may not be obvious in infants and children, except when the child is crying or coughing.
- if a male has a herina will he have problems getting an erection?
- A: That depends where the hernia is. The blood supply to your penis may be affected by the herniated section and there fore make it difficult to get an erection. You must see your doctor as a hernia can be serious.
Prev Question: How long do growing pains last
People also view