What is a cold sore? How do you get them
Cold sores are common. Though you can't cure or prevent cold sores, you can take steps to reduce their frequency. More? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-cold-sore%3F-how-do-you-get-them ]
More Answers to "What is a cold sore? How do you get them"
- What's a cold sore and how do you get it?
- Certain strains of the herpes virus cause cold sores. Herpes simplex virus type 1 usually causes cold sores. Herpes simplex virus type 2 is usually responsible for genital herpes. However, either type of the virus can cause sores in the fac...
- How to get rid of a cold sore
- Cold sores are a common problem for millions of people. Most people will know the signs of an oncoming cold sore, the slight irritation of the skin, the small bump beneath the skin and the temptation to poke at your face. Cold sores are ver...
- Why You Get A Cold Sore
- Do you want to know what causes cold sores? The answers may surprise you. Read this excellent article to uncover what causes cold sores for you. The short answer to what causes cold sores is the herpes simplex virus. 35% of those infected ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How can I make them stop making fun of my cold sore?
- Q: So I was kind of sick this weekend, and I got this awful cold sore on my lip. I tried everything, even the toothpaste didn't work. I stuck the tip of a needle in to the sore and drained it, but now there's visible dried blood under my lip. All of the kids I know make fun of it and say I have crap on my lip. What can I do to make them stop making fun of me, and how can I get rid of it?
- A: First of all NEVER drain a cold sore, I get sick alot and get cold sores alot because of it, but my advice is to buy some Abreva. Its kind of expensive(15 dollars for a tiny bottle) but it will clear up the cold sore in 2-3 days, hope this helped, and about the making fun of you thing, just tell them they will get a cold sore eventually and people will be making fun of them!
- Does anyone know any cold sore remedies that make them go away really fast or heal faster?
- Q: My boyfriend had to work valentines day, so we rescheduled for tomorrow when he's off work and of course I get a cold sore today. I know I can't get it to go completely away by tomorrow but does anyone know of any ways to seriously speed recovery? Thank you!
- A: Toothpaste is a good treatment for external applications (which will take a while to see the results), but you could also take L-Lysine (an Amino Acid) to help fight it internally, too. L-Lysine can help to get rid of it sooner, plus you can take it safely after you can't see the sore anymore to make sure it's gone.Also, if you get cold sores on a regular basis, taking L-Lysine can actually help prevent them from coming up again. Oh, and stress tends to aggravate cold sores, so reducing stress may help as well. Good luck!
- Can i get the cold sore virus if my girlfriend has had them (even if they are inactive)?
- Q: I have personally never had a cold sore before, however my girlfriend has had them in the past. I have read that if we kiss while she has one, I can get the virus, but can I still get the virus if we kiss when her cold sores are inactive?Thanks.
- A: Yes you can still get them, but the chance is much much less
Prev Question: How are viruses named
People also view