What happens when your body goes into shock
A person going into shock will probably exhibit anxiety, look pale and have clammy skin. Their lips and fingers may be blue. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-when-your-body-goes-into-shock ]
More Answers to "What happens when your body goes into shock"
- What happens to your body when it goes into shock??
- Ok, I work as an EMT; there are multiple stages of shock. Shock starts out in stage one: compensated shock. This is when the Brain realizes that something is wrong with the body; either the person is having an allergic reaction, they were h...
- What happens to your body when you are shocked??
- like he said adrenaline pumps through your body so if you need to react by punching you can keep going until you feel safe or you can run and keep running without stopping but that is a bad idea because when you finish running you can colla...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What happens when your body goes into shock?
- Q: Can you just like wake up the next morning and everything be fine??How do you know if your body goes into shock like what happens
- A: Shock is a serious medical condition that requires immediate medical treatment. http://www.medicinenet.com/shock/article.htm
- What happens to your body when it goes into shock?
- A: Ok, I work as an EMT; there are multiple stages of shock.Shock starts out in stage one: compensated shock. This is when the Brain realizes that something is wrong with the body; either the person is having an allergic reaction, they were hit by a car, they're a diabetic and don't have enough glucose, whatever. Either way, the body is in a life threatening position.In compensated shock, the brain reroutes all of the blood in the body to go to your heart, brain, lungs and kidneys. These are your most vital organs, so your body is going to try to preserve what's most important. At this point, it really isn't good. It isn't too bad, but this patient has a decent chance.Then comes the second stage of shock; decompensated shock. This is when the problem has progressed too far, the person has lost too much blood, they aren't breathing enough oxygen even for just the brain, heart, kidneys and lungs, so the brain starts to give up. This is very bad. At this point, the person is inches from death.And then comes irreversible shock. This is the final stage of shock, and after this point, there is no going back. The person WILL die, there is absolutely no question about it. If there is a mass casualty incident with multiple patients and not enough ambulances, the person in irreversible shock, even if they may still be alive, is has last priority, because there isn't any way that you're going to save them. There's nothing an EMT can do, nothing a paramedic can do, nothing the greatest surgeon in the world can do. Once a person is in irreversible shock, there is no question about whether or not they are going to die.
- Hos long during fasting does it take your body to go into shock?
- Q: Ive heard that after a period of not eating that your body goes into shock an everything you eat turns into fat, how long until that happens? Does eating very small amounts a day also constitute as fasting?
- A: Fasting, unsupervised by a medical professional for extended periods of time causes your metabolic rate to decrease as your body thinks it is starving and hangs on to its fat for self preservation. For energy it burns muscle and actually starts cannibalizing itself, then when you start eating again it stores more fat cells in case this situation happens again (human bodies don't want to starve) Anything less than 1000 calories a day defeats the purpose of dieting to lose weight, as metabolic rate slows down etc. One can have a healthy fast for a short period, if its supervised by someone who knows professionally what they are doing. There have been cases of people dying because they went on a fast with no idea of how to do it properly.Get professional advice, don't fast for more than a day or two, sip juices or broths regularly and think of them as cleansing your body rather than to lose weight.
Prev Question: What causes people to have bad breath
People also view