What does PKU stand for
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a genetic disorder that is characterized by the body's inability to utilize the amino acid, phenylalanine [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-pku-stand-for ]
More Answers to "What does PKU stand for"
- Pekanbaru, Indonesia - Simpang Tiga (Airport Code)
- If you know of another acronym for PKU then please suggest it as a new acronym for PKU
- Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder characterized by a deficiency in the enzyme hepatic phenylalanine hydroxylase. This enzyme is necessary to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine to the amino acid tyrosine. ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can we stump anyone tonight...What does "PKU" stand for,and describe it...?
- Q: I am going to put a foney catogory in,so it don't give it away,so don't go completely by the catogory....see who gives the most disscription of pku,and is there any thing special about it...I'd like to know whos giving the thums down,for they are right,and vary close on description...I gave no thums down at all...Everyone carries the genn,but only 1 in 10,000 of a chance for a child to be born with condition..Main food sourse is starch and sugars diet..The condition is caused by the liver not producing the emzine to break down the phe...
- A: Phenylketonuria - a genetic disease that is caused by an intolerance to an amino acid called phenylalanine. Diet has to be restricted to foods low in phenylalanine, including dairy products, breast milk, meat, chicken, fish and legumes. Starchy foods like bread and potatoes can be eaten in moderation by most people with PKU. Artificial sweeteners (Aspartame) must be avoided.
- what does PKU stand for?
- A: phenyllketonuria- I believe it's a disease that causes mental retardation in childrenthe website below tells you all about it
- can you guess what the pku stands for in my name?
- Q: whoever gets the it right first gets the best answer points.
- A: Phenylketonuria (PKU)
Prev Question: What is a tumor
People also view