What does it mean when you sprain your ankle
In most cases of ankle sprain, the ankle is twisted inward, causing tiny tears in the ligaments. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-when-you-sprain-your-ankle ]
More Answers to "What does it mean when you sprain your ankle"
- What does it mean to have a sprained ankle?
- When your ankle is severely twisted, two major parts of that area are affected : your bone and your ligament. So, either your ligament must be stretched (strained, torn, or sprained) to make room for you bone or your bone must make room for...
- Could a sprained ankle also mean a fractured shin bone ??
- If the dent is high enough up on the shin, ankle xrays may not have included this area. Anything is possible--get it rechecked.
- Can lifeguards perform first aid...i mean basic stuff...like cuts...?
- They can do CPR, and if they get consent they can dress a minor wound if they wanted too.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- I sprained my ankle recently, all signs point to a sprain. My heel is numb though. What does that mean?
- Q: I have some black and blue coloring on the left and right sides, and am walking decently on it after two days. I am just worried about the numbness in the heel. Anyone know?
- A: There is a nerve that innervates the bottom of your foot called the tibial nerve which has deep and superficial branches. The nerve has either been compressed or damaged to some extent and that is why your foot may feel numb or tingly like it is asleep.I would not walk on it for about 2-3 days which means you need crutches. Use ice, compression, and elevation along with ibuprofen for the pain and swelling. The black and blue is actually good which means you damaged more ligaments and muscle as opposed to a fracture which sounds unlikely.
- My sprained ankle is having a itchy feeling what does this mean?
- Q: I sprained my ankle pretty bad to the point where its difficult to put on my basketball shoe. its been healing a lot! the swelling went down a whole lot but its still alittle bit swollen right now. its been a week and i can walk and all that but it still has a dull pain in my ankle and its very itchy what does that mean anyway?
- A: Yeah I've sprained my ankle like four times and trust me, it's normal for it to itch it's just annoying i know
- what does it mean when your foot turns blue?
- Q: my friend sprained her ankle and she went to the ER and they said it was just a sprain and gave her some medicine but now her foot is turning blue?!?!What would make it do that?EEEEKKK!! that does not sound good. I'll call her now...thanks!
- A: either the circulation is being cut off somehow, OR some vein or artery ruptured and she is bleeding into her foot.go back to the ER!!
Prev Question: How long does it take for symptoms of pregnancy to occur
People also view