What does it mean if you have a lump in your neck
The most frequently seen lumps or swellings are enlarged lymph nodes, which can be caused by bacterial or viral infections. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-it-mean-if-you-have-a-lump-in-your-neck ]
More Answers to "What does it mean if you have a lump in your neck"
- What does it mean if i have a lump on my neck??
- Sounds like a swollen lymph node, but i would see a doctor to be sure, Even if that is what it is, this can be more serious than just getting a little sick.
- What does a nickel sized lump on my neck mean??
- Boil? Swollen lymph node? Is it in the skin or below the skin? Swollen lymph nodes may be a sign of infection or cancer. Painless lymph nodes are sometimes an indication of cancer and painful lymph nodes are sometimes an indication of in...
- Does A Lump In The Neck Mean Cancer?
- Yes and cause lots of problems you should see a doctor
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does having a lump on your neck mean cancer, or am I just being paranoid over a vital organ?
- Q: I've noticed this lump on the lower right side of my neck from a few days back. Yes, I've been terribly bored over the last month, so it might have been there from a very long time. Anyway - the lump isn't there on the left side of my neck. It's not very big and isn't causing me any pain either. I'm 15, which means the chance of me getting cancer are very small, at least from what I've heard.I'm not feeling any symptoms, are there any?Could it be cancer, or am I poking a vital gland or something? I dropped biology at the earliest possible opportunity, so please help me out on this - I'm completely clueless.
- A: You can get cancer at 15. The problem is that no one can really tell you if what you have is cancer or not just based on your description. Lumps and bumps that are unusual need to physically examined by a doctor and even then no one can tell for sure unless a biopsy is taken.When my son was 17 he had a painless lump on the side of his neck too. He had a biopsy and they found that it was metastatic cancer that had traveled through his lympatic system from his abdomen. He had multiple tumors throughout the abdominal cavity.Go see a doctor.
- what does the word suttle mean when doc says it about a lump in neck?
- Q: went to neck specialist bc ive had a lump in my neck for 3 months now and he said it was suttle ?? and to deep and he doesnt think its a lymph node so he's ordered a catscan.....anyone know what he meant by suttle? and what could it be if its not a lymph node?
- A: He probably said: "subtle" which means slight, difficult to detect or analyze. unless he said "supple" which means pliant. And what I would urge you to do: Please just speak openly with your doctor. A simple "what does that mean?" would have solved the situation. Your doctor cannot mind read what you do or do not understand or hear, or what you do or do not want to know, so you have to tell him, he will be so glad if you do! YOU have to ask him the questions you want answered - like; what could it be if it is no lymph node? It could be many different things - and the CT scan will hopefully help to find out.
- what does a lump in the neck mean?
- Q: It is on the left side of the neck!
- A: It could be a swollen gland. Have you been sick? Personally, I would see a doctor if it doesn't go away in a week or two.Paramedic in SC
Prev Question: Are warts bad
People also view