What does hematoma
Hematoma is a localized collection of blood, usually clotted, in a tissue or organ. Thanks for using ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-hematoma ]
More Answers to "What does hematoma"
- What is hematoma?
- An aural (ear) hematoma is sort of like a blood blister of the ear flap. It's an area where trauma or injury to the skin tissues of the ear flap have caused blood vessels to break, allowing blood to pool up in between the tissue layers. The...
- How do you treat a hematoma?
- You put ice on it then heat. It is caused by internal bruises and you need to stop it from bleeding.
- How long can hematoma last?
- A haematoma, or hematoma, is a collection of blood outside the blood vessels, generally the result of hemorrhage, or more specifically, internal bleeding. Hematomas exist as bruises (ecchymosis), but can also develop in organs.There are two...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does a hematoma take to appear in a dog's ear?
- Q: I just noticed that my dog has a swelling on the inside of her ear flap. It's about 2-3 inches in diameter. I did a bit of research and I think it's a hematoma. Does anyone know how long this takes to appear (aka could it just have appeared this large in a couple hours)? Also, are there any ways of getting rid of it other than surgery?
- A: Hematomas can FILL an entire ear in hours!NO,nothing but physically draining the BLOOD will do.I dunno how anybody can call nicking an ear "surgery".....ups the price,I guess.
- How does it take hematoma to form after surgery?
- Q: How does it take hematoma to form after surgery? I had breast reduction surgery April 13th and the next day, I was complaining about burning under my armpit. I was wrapped up like a mummy with bandages, so there was no way for me to check that area. On the following Monday, I was getting dressed and noticed a small bruise in my arm pit. On Tuesday, the pain was so bad, I ripped off all the bandages, saw that the bruise was actually huge and fluid filled. Was the burning in my armpit on the 14th a sign that a hematoma was forming?
- A: Not too sure, have you talked to your doctor about it?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematomahttp://www.breasthealthonline.com
- How long does a hematoma last after having heart catheterization?
- Q: I developed a very large hematoma on my upper thigh following a heart catheterization. It has been over three weeks, I have had one blood transfusion and am now on iron supplements. Nothing seems to be helping this thing go away. The doctors checked it and it is not an aneurysm, but I am still worried that it isn't healing quickly enough. Any thoughts?
- A: A hematoma is a collection of blood under the skin. Initially there is no bruising or color. Instead it first appears as a hard lump under the skin. Although the bleeding typically stops with the application of pressure, the bruise (the medical term is echymosis) will last a long time while the blood is resorbed by the body. In fact over time the area of echymosis will increase in size as the blood spreads out under the skin. Typically it will track down the thigh due to the effects of gravity. As the echymosis resolves the color will chnage from black and blue to yellow and green as it slowly fades away. Depending on the size of the original hematoma this can take up to 6 or 8 weeks.
Prev Question: What is amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
People also view