What causes strech marks
Stretch marks are caused when the skin is stretched to the point of breaking down, similar to elastic losing its' elasticity. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-strech-marks ]
More Answers to "What causes strech marks"
- What causes strech marks?
- rapid growth, weight gain or drastic weight loss over a short space of time. For example, most women get them on their tummy's during pregnancy through the weight gain over short space of time and stretching of the skin. Teens get them beca...
- What Causes Stretch Marks?
- Stretch marks are caused by changes in the shape and size of our body, and are most commonly brought on by puberty and pregnancy, as these are times during which our bodies naturally undergo dramatic changes. Stretch marks are distinguished...
- Why do I have stretch marks?
- You may suspect that the marks on your tummy, thighs or hips were caused by pregnancy or significant weight fluctuations. What you may not know, though, is that hormonal changes that occur during normal growth spurts can also cause your ski...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How does losing weight cause strech marks?
- Q: I understand how it would if you gain weight because the skin would have to expand, obviously, but why would your skin strech when you get smaller?
- A: We all know that weight gain can lead to many medical problems including diabetes in children, adolescents and adults. Obesity, which can shorten the life span by at least a decade or more, may cause strokes and heart disease. However, one of the big problems with weight gain is stretch marks. When people gain weight, the skin becomes more like elastic and has to stretch to occupy the excess weight gain.Stretch marks usually start in young teens going through puberty. As the body grows, many young woman experience stretch marks as breasts and hips grow in. The skin can only stretch so much. Weight gain and stretch marks are very closely related. When people gain weight the skin is overstretched and the collagen in the skin is changed. The result will be deep reddish purple or light shiny white linesMany people try their best to hide these lines but even after LOSING weight, a person will not lose their stretch marks. Unfortunately, the skin is forever stretched. Surgery may be required to remove excess skin in someone who has undergone a major weight loss.How to Reduce Stretch Marks after You Lose Weight?Do you passionately want to eliminate your stretch marks? Well, if you follow the steps outlined in this article, you can. Regardless, of whether your stretch marks are the results of losing an excesive amount of weight, body building, pregnancy, or putting on a few extra pounds, it is possibe to drastically reduce, if not totally eliminate, those dreadful stretch marks on your body. The key to preventing and eliminating stretch marks is constantly maintaining your skin’s elasticity by infusing it with moisture. If you have not moisturized your skin the best over several years, or maybe even months, you may observed that more stretch marks are appearing. Not to worry, I will teach you how to eliminate those stretch marks. Restoring your skin back to health is not a difficult task, but it will take patience and persistance on your part. The site below will give info on how to eliminate these stretch marks:http://www.ehow.com/how_2038896_stretch-marks-after-lose-weight.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art
- What causes strech marks?
- A: rapid growth, weight gain or drastic weight loss over a short space of time. For example, most women get them on their tummy's during pregnancy through the weight gain over short space of time and stretching of the skin. Teens get them because they suddenly have a growth spurt, get taller or lose their 'puppy fat' and the results are stretch marks. Body builders have them through increasing muscle mass quickly.Most women and even men have them, on any area of the body, they are normal. Purple in colour but they do turn to a silvery white colour. I have heard coconut oil helps lessen the appearance but in my experience Bio-Oil is amazing, its for scars, uneven skin tone and stretchmarks. It lessens the appearance within three weeks of using and also prevents stretchmarks when used daily, a drop of this in your bath or add it into your daily routine just like moisturizer etc.
- does anyone know of a sure way to get rid of or significantly reduce strech marks caused by pregnancy?
- Q: i've seen all of the creams and lotions and heard something about making a paste out of a real coconut but i want something that will really work. The marks are kinda reddish and purplish.
- A: I heard breast feeding helps heaps- Try Palmer's Body Lotion....Maybe those creams might work- there's somthing called Bio- Oil that helps in after surgery marks eg stretch marks- it might help for an after Pregnancy too...
Prev Question: What is rotovirus
People also view