What causes boils in your groin area
Ingrown hairs, splinters, plugged sweat glands, and any break in the skin. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-boils-in-your-groin-area ]
More Answers to "What causes boils in your groin area"
- Can you get boils on your butt??
- Furuncle Risk Factors. A furuncle (boil) is a skin infection involving an entire hair follicle and nearby skin tissue. Furuncles are very common. They are caused by staphylococcus bacteria, which are normally found on the skin surface. Dama...
- What are the causes and treatments for boils in the groin area??
- old remedy.. take 1" piece of raw bacon and tape in over boil. leave overnite.(use sensitive skin tape)..this will cause boil to come to surface and usually pop.clean thouroughly!
- What is the condition that causes boils in the groin area and bot...?
- Make sure they are boils. They could be sebaceous cysts or herpetic type of infection. Anyway, apply warm, moist compresses. That will encouraged them to either go down or rise up and pop. Otherwise, keep his skin dry and clean. If overweig...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are the causes and treatments for boils in the groin area?
- A: old remedy..take 1" piece of raw bacon and tape in over boil. leave overnite.(use sensitive skin tape)..this will cause boil to come to surface and usually pop.clean thouroughly!
- What is the condition that causes boils in the groin area and bottom?
- Q: Hy husband has constant boils/risings all over his inner thigh and bottom (and sometimes on his chest). We have gone to the Dr. because sometimes they are too painful to even sit down. They prescribed an antibiotic for him to take 2 a day for 14 days. It did not clear up. About a month later we went back to the Dr. about the same condition. This time they gave him a shot for it (can't remember what the exact name was) and said it should clear up. Once again, it has not. What is causing these boils all over his body and why won't they go away? Please Help us. Is there anything over the counter that can help him until his Dr. appointment next week? Thanks in advance.
- A: Make sure they are boils. They could be sebaceous cysts or herpetic type of infection. Anyway, apply warm, moist compresses. That will encouraged them to either go down or rise up and pop. Otherwise, keep his skin dry and clean. If overweight, apply powder between skin folds to keep those areas dry. Boils are caused usually by staph aureus, which grows best in warm, dark, moist environments. Make sure to stay dry. See about staph below. He should have a culture of one of his boils...MRSA is basically staph that is resistant to some antibiotics. If he is not responding to antibiotics, he may have the dangerous bacteria. Be meticulous about hygiene. Make sure he does not have a condition that predisposes him to these boils--like diabetes. He should have a blood test for it. Make sure to use clean towels. Towels can hold the bacteria. I hope it all turns out well for you. Good luck. OTC pain relieves can help with a little discomfort.
- How do i get rid of blackhead and boils causing scars around the anal and groin area?
- Q: I have been to the doctor and i don't have genital warts or any disease in that nature but i do have terrible scarring from boils and blackheads around the anal area and in my groin area. I don't have any in my vagina at all just along the the crease of my legs and genital area and in the inner part of my butt not actually in it though. If anyone has any pointers on how to get rid of it all i would appreciate it. Again i don't have any blackheads, boils, or scarring in or on the lips of any part of my vagina its just on the groin and anal area. thank you :)
- A: Wash twice a day with Noxema instead of soap. It will help control infection and not overdry. Try using medicated moist wipes after using the toilet. Use a softer toilet paper. Change you underwear to somthing more sheer... could be an air circulation /sweat problem.
Prev Question: What could a pain in the right side of your chest mean
People also view