What causes a urinary track infection
It occurs when bacteria from the digestive tract cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply. ChaCha On! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-a-urinary-track-infection ]
More Answers to "What causes a urinary track infection"
- What is a Urinary Tract Infection?
- A Urinary Tract Infection, also known as UTI, cystitis or bladder infection occurs when part of the urinary tract becomes infected. The urinary tract includes the following organs: kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Both males and femal...
- What causes urinary tract infections?
- Normal urine is sterile and contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. An infection occurs when microorganisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra, t...
- How to Treat Urinary Tract Infections
- Urinary tract infections are also known as UTIs, cystitis and bladder infections. They are most common in women, but men and children can also get them, and almost all of them are caused by E....
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What causes a urinary track infection?
- Q: my friend recently got one and she keeps bugging me and asking how could i get this? so can u let me know what causes this?could you get from wiping wrong once?
- A: here is a good amount of information on what it is where it comes from and how to get rid of it...http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/urinary-tract-infectionsthe second page shows the two most common causes being poor personal hygiene and sexual intercoursegood luck hope i could help :)
- Bathing when you have a Urinary track infection caused by group b strep?
- Q: i'm 32 weeks pregnant and i found out 5 days ago that i have a urinary track infection caused by group b strep. i have been taking anitbiotics for the past 5 days now and was wondering if it is safe to take a bath? I jut really need to relax. Thanks.
- A: so long as your membranes are intact, it's fine. just don't make the water too hot! your infection is probably cleared up for the most part by now though, so i don't think you should worry.
- What is the cause of urinary track infection, and can it delay ones menstrual period?
- Q: I had a miscarriage of 12 weeks on the 27th of March and up till now I have not seen my period, only to go to hospital for test, and it was discovered that I have urinary infection. What is the cause and can it prevent my period from coming out.
- A: The cause of urinary tract infections can be as a result of not getting enough water to drink to keep the body hydrated (an example only).As for if it can keep a period from coming it could cause it to be delayed due to the stress on the body of trying to fight an infection (another example only).I would recommend getting back in touch with the hospital OB/GYN department to see what they say.
Prev Question: What is the symptoms of an ear infection
People also view