What causes a blood vessel to pop in your eye
Stress on the eyes, tired eyes, or dry eyes can all lead to redness, and even impose blood vessels to truly burst. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-a-blood-vessel-to-pop-in-your-eye ]
More Answers to "What causes a blood vessel to pop in your eye"
- What causes blood vessels to pop in the eyes?
- Have you had your blood pressure checked or been checked for diabetes? I would also make an eye appointment since it seems your eye is suffering from "pressure" and it could be something quite serious.
- Can stress cause a blood vessel to pop in your eye?
- Yes, high blood pressure can cause a weak eye vessel to burst. Along with simple things like bending over, sneezing or riding in an airplane.
- What all causes blood vessels to pop in the eye?
- Sneezing or coughing are common causes. Getting hit in the eye or severe head blows can also cause it, the strain of vomiting. Taking aspirin (maybe for hangovers??) or other blood thinning medication makes them more likely to develop. T...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- can stress cause you to pop a blood vessel in your eye?
- Q: i have been stressed for about 2 months. Now that my fiance has recently lost his job its been worse than ever. my stomach turns constantly, no appetite, and i think i have a broken blood vessel in my eye. Is what happened to my eye a cause of stress?
- A: I imagine that's true with stress or anger.I have a little cousin who got so angry at his mom that the blood vessel in his eye popped and his whole eye was blood red. His school thought his parents were abusing him because it was so bad.
- what all causes blood vessels to pop in the eye?
- Q: there's only 2 things i can think of that might have caused it. i drank and threw up and the next day i went swimming on the beach while the waves were crazy and got thrown around alot. but my eye was fine until the next day after the beach. what all could have caused it? how long will it be there?
- A: Sneezing or coughing are common causes. Getting hit in the eye or severe head blows can also cause it, the strain of vomiting. Taking aspirin (maybe for hangovers??) or other blood thinning medication makes them more likely to develop. They are generally not worrisome and go away on their own without treatment.
- Is this a popped blood vessel in my eye? unsuree. :(?
- Q: my right eye doesnt hurt at all, but i have a habit of seriously closely examining my face. and you know how you have all those little red veins in your eyes? well theres a really blurred red connecting straight to my eye and im worried about it.i didnt do anything to cause it, didnt hurt myself. is this an eye infection? pink eye? blood vessel popped? how did this happen?
- A: Sounds like a broken blood vessel. You could have done it by lifting something heavy or even just coughing or sneezing. They can also be caused by blood thinners and lots of different supplements - even cayenne. It's nothing to worry about. They take about 10 days to heal at the most.
Prev Question: Can you die from swine flu
People also view