What are the warning signs of a stroke
Warning signs of a stroke: Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body. Sudden MORE? [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-warning-signs-of-a-stroke ]
More Answers to "What are the warning signs of a stroke"
- Warning signs are clues your body sends that your brain is not receiving enough oxygen. If you observe one or more of these signs of a stroke or "brain attack," don't wait, call a doctor or 911 right away! ･ Sudden numbness or wea...
- Knowing the signs of stroke is important. If you act fast and go to a hospital right away, you could prevent a major stroke or save your life. This information sheet helps you learn the warning signs of stroke and answers the following qu...
- If atherosclerosis blocks an artery leading to your brain, depriving it of oxygen, you may have a stroke If you suddenly have any of these symptoms, it may be a warning sign of stroke, so get immediate emergency medical care: confusion or t...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some early warning signs of stroke?
- Q: I have heard that many people have "mini" strokes without really knowing it. What are these and what are the signs/symptoms that can occur with one.Thanks all
- A: Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions: S * Ask the individual to SMILE. T * Ask the person to TALK to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. . . It is sunny out today) R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS. NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke. If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call 911 immediately !! and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
- Warning signs for a heart attack or a stroke?
- Q: What are the warning signs of a heart attack? Are they different for men and women? If so, how? What are the waring signs of a stroke?
- A: Heart attack: Men tend to have more chest / arm pain. Women often have trouble breathing or gastric (stomach) complaints. I had an old woman to came to the ER when she couldn't stop burping. Big heart attackStroke : Men & women are similar. Classic "mini strokes" : episodes of visual disturbances, paralysis of one arm/leg, trouble speaking
- Stroke warning signs?
- Q: I know that there is some 3 initial name for the signs of a stroke, or a mini stroke of some sort..something to do with iso-something. If any of you know what am I talking about could you let me know please...
Prev Question: What causes bumps on the tongue
People also view