What are the most common phobias
The 3 most common phobias are arachnophobia (spiders), social phobia, and aerophobia (flying). ChaCha again soon! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-most-common-phobias ]
More Answers to "What are the most common phobias"
- A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of certain situations, objects, activities, or persons. The main symptom of this disorder is the excessive, unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. When the fear is beyond one's control, or if ...
- Discuss this Article 2 I understand completely on most of these phobias, agoraphobia is my main thing, after I moved to a City that has a vast amount of refugees, i contacted TB somewhere, and since then, I have a hard time even going to ge...
- The five most common phobias are snakes, spiders, heights, confined spaces and water, in that order. With the water phobia, it all depends on the severity. Some people I’ve treated with a water phobia can’t actually handle any water in a la...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why is arachnophobia one of the most common phobias?
- Q: im afraid of spiders but at the same time i think they are kinda cool... as long as they aren't on me or around me.WHY is arachnophobia one of the most common phobias?
- A: I think it is because they just seen to appear from no where and run so fast past you, and because some of them can bite and are poisonous. But as i live in England we do not have such terrifying ones, just the normal house spiders some of them have very long legs and scamper across the floor so fast that they can make you "jump" they don't bother me one bit, ( and i am a woman) i can pick them up and put them outside, and yet i know some men run from them. But what i think why so many do not like them is because they are creepy crawly things and because of the speed they run, mind you i have to say that if i lived in a country where there were some dangerous ones i don't think i would be putting them outside so easy, but the way i see things is they are smaller than us so why be scared of them, as we could squash them under foot not that i have ever done that is i would not hurt let alone kill something.
- What would you are the top 25 most common phobias?
- A: 1) Arachnophobia -.Fear of Spiders. Half of women and 10 per cent of men have a fear of spiders.2) Social Phobia -Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.Approximately 5.3 million American adults, or about 3.7 percent of people in a given year, have social phobia.3) Aerophobia is the other name of fear of flying. Fear of flying is generally developed after an individual watches incidents of plane crashes on the news, suddenly loses a relative or a compeer due to an unfortunate plane crash or watches movies in which the story centers around a deadly event of an air accident.4) AgoraphobiaAgoraphobia involves intense fear and avoidance of any place or situation where escape might be difficult or help unavailable in the event of developing sudden panic-like symptoms.5) ClaustrophobiaFear of being trapped in small confined spaces.6) AcrophobiaBetter known as fear of height has caused immense distress to countless people down the years. You feel as if your head is tossing as you look down from great heights during this particular condition of Acrophobia.7) EmetophobiaFear of vomit. 8) CarcinophobiaFear of cancer.9) BrontophobiaFear of thunderstorms. 10) NecrophobiaFear of death or or dead thingsThis might be helpful. Its the phobia list from A to Z.http://psychology.about.com/od/phobias/a/phobialist.htm
- What are the most common phobias?
- Q: the scientific name and the "fear of ___" please.really tacky phobia joke:Whats the last thing you want to hear before surgery?That your surgeon's ergophobic.(a surgeon's fear of operating)
- A: 1. Arachnophobia (spiders, a clear #1) 2. Social Phobia (this would include public speaking) 3. Aerophobia (flying) 4. Agoraphobia (open spaces) 5. Claustrophobia (closed spaces) 6. Acrophobia (heights) 7. Emetophobia (vomit) 8. Carcinophobia (cancer) 9. Brontophobia (thunderstorms) 10. Necrophobia (Death/dead things, a unanimous #10)
Prev Question: How long can an average person hold their breath
People also view