What are symptoms of staph infections
Common symptoms of staph infection include: pain or swelling around a cut, or an area of skin that has been scraped * boils MORE [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-symptoms-of-staph-infections ]
More Answers to "What are symptoms of staph infections"
- A staph infection of the skin will cause symptoms such as an abcess, boil, and furuncle. The area affected with staph may be red, painful, and swollen. Also drainage or pus is common. If you suspect you have this be safe and get it checked ...
- Staph cellulitis usually begins as a small area of tenderness, swelling, and redness. Sometimes it begins with an open sore. Other times, there is no break in the skin at all -- and it's anyone's guess where the bacteria came from. The sign...
- Symptoms of MRSA will vary. This is dependant upon which area of the body is affected with the mrsa or staph infection. The most common symptom of MRSA presents as a skin infection. Very often this appears as an abscess or perhaps a boil. M...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some symptoms of staph infections?
- A: Symptoms of MRSA will vary. This is dependant upon which area of the body is affected with the mrsa or staph infection.The most common symptom of MRSA presents as a skin infection. Very often this appears as an abscess or perhaps a boil. Many look like a spider bite. If MRSA has infected a surgical or accidental wound, the symptom of the surrounding area would be painful and red in colour with swelling and pus.Urinary tract infections and bacteraemia (blood poisoning) can also be caused by MRSA infection. One of the worst infections is when staph bacteria enter the lungs and cause pneumonia. The symptom of this infection are normally a high fever and difficulty in breathing. Staph infection can in certain cases, result what people call a "flesh eating bug" type of bacterium being developed. These bacterium are called "necrotizing fasciitis" but are very rare. "Flesh eating bacterium" however, is not correct. The bacterium do not actually consume the tissue. They actually cause the destruction of skin and muscle by releasing toxins (virulence factors). These include streptococcal pyogenic exotoxins and other virulence factors. S. pyogenes produces an exotoxin known as a superantigen. This toxin is capable of activating T-cells non-specifically. This causes the overproduction of cytokines that over-stimulate macrophages. The macrophages cause the actual tissue damage by releasing oxygen free radicals.Staphylococcus aureus has been rapidly spreading world-wide and certain strains have become drug resistant to many antibiotics. This seems on course to become an even greater problem in the future. Some researchers and reporters have suggested an enormous growth in the next few years, as medications become more difficult to find.MRSA symptoms can vary and are usually spread by contact with contaminated items or people. Dependant upon the strain, some are fully treatable while others may cause concern to life. Hospitals, Gymnasiums, Care Homes, Nursing Homes, in fact, anywhere where contact may be shared with other people or items, are the most likely places to contract a staph infection MRSA and its resistance to over used antibiotics, makes it a serious and sometimes very difficult to treat problem, especially in people who have a weakened immune system.MRSA is now resistant to these antibiotics;MethicillinAmoxicillinPenicillinOxacillinThis is dependent upon strain but Staph aureus is very adaptive to forming new resistance to any antibiotic.Many people are reporting that sulfameth/trimethoprim 800/160 is being prescribed by many Doctors to treat the symptoms of MRSA. Unfortunately, this drug has many bad side effects. It can cause fatigue, withdrawal, loss of appetite, soreness in joints, headaches and stomach sickness.As with all drugs, the side-effects can actually cause more problems and contribute to the resistance level of the bacteria, where the treatment is discontinued because of disabilitating side effects.The New Silver Solution has no toxicity and no known side effects. It is also a fact that no bacterium has ever been recorded in having or developing a resistance to a metallic mineral element. More Information: http://www.mrsamedical.com/
- Staph infections- how long for symptoms to show?
- Q: If someone came in contact with staph (through wresting, for example), how long would it take for the infection to show on the skin?let me add to this- my husband is a wrestling coach and one of his wrestlers got a serious staff infection today at a camp- my hus. had to take him to the hospital. There is no open wound. If any other kid gets it, how long before it shows...?
- A: it took three days when i found out i had it. it`s painful and no fun.
- Can staph infection symptoms come on instantly?
- Q: When my mother had a oxegyn tube taken out of her nose from having a proceedure performed, her nasal passage (1 side) started itching up inside bad. She was miserable. That night her nose ran like a faucet. A drugist told her it sound like it was an allergic reaction. Her family dr today, which I call a quack, said it was staph infection. Gave her 2 antibiotics and some ointment. Can staph come on that quick?
- A: It certainly can. 30% of the worlds population carry the Staph bacterium in their nasal cavities...What is MRSA?Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus is a common type of staph bacterium which lives on the skin and in the nasal passages of around 30% of the population. Mostly, this staph aureus bacterium does no harm and does not pose a problem with infection or require a cure. But, like many bacterium, Staphylococcus aureus has the ability to pose a serious infection problem, if you are feeling run down, ill, injured or if you have undergone any form of surgery. It can cause a very serious staph infection, if it enters the body, such as through open wounds, or instruments placed in the body, or by cross-contamination from another patient, nursing staff or specialist. Without proper treatment, this can lead to death or be difficult to cure.MRSA infections are most commonly transmitted from person to person by touch. It is also possible to acquire MRSA infection from dust containing contaminated skin particles or from objects in the environment, or from surfaces that may be contaminated with the MRSA bacterium.An antibiotic called Methicillin was used for the treatment and cure of infections caused by staph bacterium. The term 'Methicillin resistant' means that this type of antibiotic can no longer kill 100% of the staph bacterium and another antibiotic needs to be used, if available. If Methicillin can no longer be used for the treatment and cure of Staphylococcus aureus infection, it is medically referred to as MRSA.The Causation of MRSAAntibiotics have been in use for many years as a successfull treatment and cure for staph infections. However, these antibiotics have been overused, misused and over prescribed as a cure for staph aureus infection for many years. It is fairly common for people to not complete a course of antibiotics, or not use as prescribed. If this happens, it is probable that not 100% of the bacterium that caused staph infection will have been killed. Surviving staph bacterium develop a resistance to this antibiotic and multiply. As more and more antibiotics are prescribed, the number of staph bacterium that are able to resist those antibiotics become more numerous. The biggest problem with the use of antibiotics, is that they are non-focused. Therefore, they do not discriminate between good and bad bacteria, otherwise known as 'Flora' which can be found in the large intestines and form a large part of the bodies immune system. Without this immune system protection, 'superbugs' are free to develop.Treatment of MRSAMRSA can be treated with different antibiotics to Methicillin. However, this is becoming increasingly difficult. Medications, such as antiseptic wash and certain ointments can be used to remove MRSA from the nasal passages and skin. Even when it is doing no harm to the individual. However, there is now a new product that has been proven to be effective in killing all MRSA bacterium and a lot of other known pathogens. The New Silver Solution is non-toxic, proven in multiple tests at 200 times the recommended dosage. The New Silver Solution is the first colloidal silver product to attain a new patent in over 80 years. This product can be used internally, externally and as a surfectant, to both prevent and cure MRSA infection. The New Silver Solution can also be used with animals and all our test data shows it to be very effective.http://www.mrsamedical.com/
Prev Question: What is the difference between the flu and swine flu
People also view