What are blackheads
Blackheads are filled with sebum and sloughed-off cells, have undergone a chemical reaction resulting in the oxidation of melanin. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-blackheads ]
More Answers to "What are blackheads"
- A non-inflammatory acne lesion that is filled with excess oil and dead skin cells. Blackheads are also called "open comedomes" because the surface of the skin remains open.
- Benzoyl Peroxide is a chemical that belongs to the family of organic peroxides. In its purest form it is highly toxic, flammable, explosive and may even cause tumors. When diluted, it is typically...
- While we may not realize it, those tiny black dots on our noses, backs, in our ears and on our cheeks are blocked skin pores known as blackheads. Blackheads are dark in color because the tops of the skin pores are open to the air, so the to...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Q: I have a blackhead problem but I don't suffer from pimples or acne. Are there any good natural remedies or products for blackheads I could use that anyone can suggest?
- A: Get a facial once a month...that should help. I am a fan of face products from Origins. The have natural products and are very helpful. Just tell them what your problem is and they will help you find the right product for you.
- How can I get rid of blackheads and keep them gone?
- Q: I wash my face twice a day and I use oil-free makeup. I have tried Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, Proactiv and Biore products along with clay masks, blackhead removing strips, and topical ointmets such as benzoyl peroxide and salicic acid, but I still have tons of blackheads all over my face. I also used the blackhead removing tool, but it just hurts and then the blackheads are back the next day. Before I go spend money on the more expensive products or go to the dermatologist does anyone have any advice on what I can do?
- A: Try getting a rag/cloth that is about the size of your face, and then put it in water that is as hot as you can stand it.Then put it on your face and keep it there until it starts to cool,that helps your by opening your poors, after that get a cleanser or a toner and apply that to your face, dont be affraid to use as many cottonballs as you want. (so then you're not rubbing the oils from your skin all around your face)That or proactive.
- How can i get rid of blackheads, that wont go away?
- Q: I have a bunch of blackheads on my nose. Many blackheads come out when I use a blackhead tool (or squeeze them) but these ones dont. They seem permanent. No wash or cleanser has worked. Does anyone have any advice?
- A: How to Remove BlackheadsNo matter how much we scrub and wash our faces, black heads just seem to appear all over our noses. Here's some good ways to keep your skin clear and avoid blackheads. Steps Try not to touch your face...it's a hard habit to break but dirt, oil, and germs will get into your face and block your pores. A common myth is that if you have oily skin, you should not moisturise it. This is wrong. If you have oily skin, you need to moisturize it, because if you do not, your skin will produce more oil to compensate. Try a good oil-free moisturizer, or Enzymion (from Lush). This is fast-acting and the fruit enzymes in it break down oil on the skin's surface- no more shiny noses! Biore and Clean & Clear are good products. Try Clean & Clear Black head scrub and Biore nose strips. When you use a nose strip wet your nose with a clean face cloth and then dry your hands. After that open the packet that the nose strip is in, and rip the little tabs for a better fit on your nose. Put the sticky side on your nose and wait for around 10 minutes. After 10 minutes (I suggest that timing) the nose strip should be hard paper mache. Remove it. Another option is using a black head removing tool. These are available at Sephora for 16 dollars. You need to steam your face first, and make sure that the tool is FREE OF GERMS AND BACTERIA. Exfoliating with a facial scrub is a great way to get rid of blackheads. Don't use it if you have bad acne, as it will rub off the top part of the acne and will spread to other parts of your face, which means more acne to deal with. Tips Only use the strips once a week. 10-minute timing is suggested because if you keep it on for too long the sticky stuff sticks to your nose and your blackheads don't come off with it. Warnings Be careful when using strips for removing black heads; they can create spider veins around the nose area, if pulled too hard.http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Blackheads
Prev Question: What body temperature can we fatal
People also view