Is yellow mucus a sign of infection
Yellow mucus is not only a good indication that your body has a sinus infection but is also an indicator that it is fighting it. [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-yellow-mucus-a-sign-of-infection ]
More Answers to "Is yellow mucus a sign of infection"
- What does think yellow nasal mucus mean?
- Yellow mucus generally is a sign that your body is fighting off an infection. The germs your body is getting rid of is what turns your mucus yellow. It's common and nothing much to worry about.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Yellow mucus always a sign of infection?
- Q: Im fighting a head cold right now and today I had some yellow mucus when I blew my nose at first but now it is back to clear. Does this mean I have an infection?
- A: Unlike popular belief, yellow mucus alone does not signify a sinus infection. In fact, most doctors these days will NOT give you an anti-biotic just because your mucus is yellow. Yellow mucus can be caused as it traps viruses, dead cells, and bacteria. It then must exit the body.If it is thick and either brown or green, that is when you have a sinus infection and need to see the doctor.It is actually rare for you to have a head cold and not have yellow mucus. This is the junk the body is trying to get rid of, not the result of the infection. But if that junk doesnt get out, it can then cause an infection. So you will want to thin it out and keep blowing your nose.
- Common Cold (RhinoVIRUS) can it cause Green/Yellow Mucus?
- Q: Can the common cold VIRUS cause discolored mucusOr is green/yellow mucus a sign of a bacterial infection and not a Virus?
- A: A virus will cause mucus production too...but it's almost always clear/white...green/yellow mucus is a sign of a bacterial infection.
- Is a blob of very sticky yellow cervical mucus a sign of the mucus plug being formed in pregnancy?
- Q: My husband and I are ttc, and we tried this month on the day that I ovulated. I know I ovulated because I suffer from ovulation pains, and of course had EWCM. My tempature has been rising slightly each day, I have a dull lower backache on and off, and I am starving to the point of shaky when I am hungry. I have been craving a lot of salads, and have had intermittant cramps in my uterus for the last two days. Today I went to the restroom and had this blob of "stuff" when I wiped. I've never had it before, and it does not smell. I do not have any itching or burning, so I know there is no infection. I would be 7 dpo, if this month stuck. I am 28, so I don't think my body is just changing, but who knows. I'm only asking because I have read this can be a sign of early pregnancy, and I have just completed the 1st week of my 2 ww. If there are any women out there that can confirm or deny this, please let me know. Thanks!Also, I am VERY tired today, off and on. but mostly on. Thanks again!
- A: It can be, but hard to say. We were TTC to so I was looking for any sign I could get. And I noticed a big increase in discharge about the time you are. Most say it is too early, but every woman is different. I had symptoms days before my missed period, so it really just depends. Wait until at least three days before your period is due and take an EPT. Good luck and baby dust!
Prev Question: What does it mean if your pee comes out white
People also view