Is throwing up bad for your throat
Yes, throwing up excessively can cause your throat to become sore. Repeated throwing up or purging can cause your esophagus to erode. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-throwing-up-bad-for-your-throat ]
More Answers to "Is throwing up bad for your throat"
- When i make myself throw up my throat burns extreamely bad.??
- Please Please Please stop this dangerous behavior. Throwing up to lose weight does not work, it only endangers your health. Eating disorders like anorexia and bulemia can lead to mass organ failure and early death. Please check out this lin...
- Is sticking your fingers down your throat to throw up when you ha...?
- If you are feeling sick to your stomach I am so sorry. What I have found that really helps stop the nauseau that causes the vomiting it Dramamine, it is actually for motion sickness but motion sickness causes nauseau and vomiting. If not th...
- What kind of sickness is this? Threw up now I have the worst sore...?
- increase your fluid, vit C, nutritious food, and rest. warm water and salt gurgle will also help. if it still persist see a doctor coz you might have something else hope this helps
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does consistently throwing up [or purging] cause your throat to get sore?
- Q: I do admit to having an eating disorder and I throw up on my own about 2-5 times a day. The next morning my throat hurts really bad and part of my throat is swollen. Is that caused my the acid from throwing up? If so, do you have any ideas on how it can feel better?
- A: yes it's from stomach acid. Your body is saying 'stop'. Your teeth will also erode from the acid. Not a pretty picture.
- Is sticking your fingers down your throat to throw up when you have a stomachache a bad thing?
- Q: won't you have to throw up eventually anyway?
- A: If you are feeling sick to your stomach I am so sorry. What I have found that really helps stop the nauseau that causes the vomiting it Dramamine, it is actually for motion sickness but motion sickness causes nauseau and vomiting. If not that then Pepto Bismol is very good. But if it has reached the point where nothing is going to help and throwing up is ineveitable. I don't think your sticking your finger down your throat will harm you. At least it shortens the time of feeling so awfully sick. I hope you feel better!
- really bad strep throat and constant throwing up. helpp?
- Q: So I've had a really bad sore throat for a couple of days and this morning I went to the doctor and she diagnosed me with strep throat, really bad strep throat at that. And all morning I felt like I was going to vomit and I didn't until I got home from the doctor, took my medicine, and layed down. It all came up, including the medicine I had just taken. Well now it's about 4 o'clock and I have thrown up 5 times. It won't stop, it's killlling my throat, and since my stomach is so upset I haven't eaten anything so I guess I'm throwing up like bile or something. What will help me stop throwing up?
- A: call the doctor and tell them this any maybe they'll want you to come back there for some additional medicine because the medicine u take for the strep throat might be makeing you throw up (its not that un commen ) or else it could just be part of the strp throat, but the doctor will be able to prescrib you a medicine to make you stop throwing up :D, i assume you've tried some over the counter anti nasusa and it didnt work? just go to the doctor ! :D also drinking water and eating some crackers for a short term relif.
Prev Question: How does a fever work
People also view