Is swine flu an epidemic or a pandemic
Right now the swine flu is more of an epidemic. It has not yet been declared a pandemic. ChaCha! [ Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-swine-flu-an-epidemic-or-a-pandemic ]
More Answers to "Is swine flu an epidemic or a pandemic"
- What Is Swine Flu H1N1, Swine Flu Epidemic, Swine Flu Pandemic?
- Swine Flu is a respiratory disease, caused by a tiny spheroid virus that belongs to the Influenza A virus group (known as H1N1) that is capable of infecting humans, birds and pigs. ... Keep complete information about swine flu as this wil...
- Is swine flu (H1N1) a cause of an epidemic or pandemic in 2009??
- epidemic is defined as an outbreak of a contagious disease that is rapid and widespread, affecting many individuals at the same time. The swine flu outbreak in Mexico fits this definition. A pandemic is an epidemic that becomes so widesprea...
- How worried should we be about the Swine Flu epidemic/possible pa...?
- The "Swine flu" is not the infamous "Bird flu" that is so feared (although it is just as capable of becoming a pandemic). I don't believe that anyone is certain of how quick or widespread this virus will be but judging b...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How worried should we be about the Swine Flu epidemic/possible pandemic?
- Q: Is Swine Flu the same as Bird Flu but in human from?How worried should we be, really?I live in England, would they shut the schools and stuff here and will it spread this far?
- A: The "Swine flu" is not the infamous "Bird flu" that is so feared (although it is just as capable of becoming a pandemic). I don't believe that anyone is certain of how quick or widespread this virus will be but judging by the rate of infection I believe that it will eventually reach the entire planet. Try to look past the hype and media fright mongering and realize that presently it appears that this new mutation is easily treatable with current retroviral drugs and modern medical techniques. Countries with less than adequate medical infrastructures (like Mexico) will make things appear worse than they really are simply because access to quality medical care is limited. There is a real danger that the virus could mutate into a much more deadly form. Keep in mind that the chances are just as likely, if not more, that this virus will at some point mutate into a form that isn't even transmissible to humans. Personally, I would be more worried about today's economic forecasts. :)
- Swine Influenza - Pandemic and Minnengitis an Epidemic, what is next?
- Q: So if the current Swine Flu pandemic and the current Meningitis epidemic mutate and become one new disease, can we humanoids stop it or is that the end of humankind? Even though it is not the year 2012 when everyone believes now that the end of the world will come, is this the beginning of the end?
- A: The return of polio, scarlet fever and all the others we wiped out of the US a long time ago, but are now reapearing and are stronger than before.
- Is the swine flu "pandemic" a hoax created to stimulate the economy?
- Q: Seriously?Thousands of people die from the normal flu every year, yet last time i heard only 7 people have died from the swine flu. This number may have increased since i last watched the news.It sounds like the media have found something new to talk about instead of the recession.I think that by scaring everybody with the swine flu epidemic, the "people in charge" hope that we go out and buy tami flu, face masks etc. Which will stimulate the economy.
- A: I have friends in Mexico, and they didn't take it as a hoax.And it didn't stimulate their economy.No spectator sports, no open stores, no fairs or events, no restaurants, no banks, or no schools.Pawn shops were extra busy as people tried to get a dollar or two for the emergency.
Prev Question: Can sleeping too much give you headaches
People also view